Apartments in Rome

We are thinking of renting an apartment in Rome. Any suggestions about the Navona and Spanish Steps areas? Are these safe areas?

Thanks for any information that you can give.

Mary

Both good areas to stay as cruiseluv says.

I was looking for apartments for a while and found some nice ones on this site here.

http://www.rentalinrome.com/index.htm

However, in the end, I have booked a Navona suite. They range from what is essentially a room, to a room unit with klitchen, to a full apartment. They are run by an American and his Italian Father in Law. Breakfast is provided with most bookings, together with a fridge stocked with complimentary drinks and nibbles and generally some outside space, either a balcony or terrace. There are 4 of us and we will be there in April which is peak season in Rome. I had quotes ranging from about 200 Euros to 300 Euros per night, depending on the accommodation I chose which seemed like a good deal to me.

http://www.navonagallerysuites.com/

http://www.navonagardensuites.com/

They are improving all the time & opening some more suites in June. You can check them out on tripadvisor.

navonasuitesrome.com are great apartments. But for some reason I can't get the site. Don't know if their site is down or what. It's on a great street 1 block from P.Navona. Great location except no metro around. Apartments are clean, owners friendly & speak English.

We also stayed at Residence Barberini just across from the Barberini metro stop which was very handy. But that is not a quiet area. Definitely busy, but great for transportation.

navonasuitesrome.com are great apartments. But for some reason I can't get the site. Don't know if their site is down or what.

I checked this out and the site is indeed 'down.' However I had a 'cached' page on my desktop & when I looked the page was displaying this message.

Due to an expansion of our property, the Navona Suites Rome is now called the “Navona Gallery Suites

click here to visit our new site – www.navonagallerysuites.com

Glad to hear it's a great place to stay. :)

We stayed at Hotel Mozart for our 2 nights precruise last November. It is located about a block from Spanish Steps. We felt very safe in this area and walked around until midnight both nights.

The hotel also has Elite apartment and Luxury suites. Specials on longer stays (3 nights) and other specials. These include breakfast at the hotel.

Check out their website for more info www.hotelmozart.com

Also try www.cyberrentals or www.vrbo.com

We have rented homes/condos from cyberrentals all over and have been very happy with all of them. Alot of the rentals on there are also listed on vrbo.

I'll check out their new site. Glad to know they are doing well. The location is great - at least the one we were in was on Governo Vecchio.

Before using an apartment rental management company, I suggest checking them carefully on slowtrav or tripadvisor or personal recs from this site. Fodors is a good site for personal use info too. Have read some horror stories about misrepresentation by some management companies.

Good luck.

Please check out the web site called vrbo.

We just did a 3 week stay in Italy after our April Transatlantic; and just about every place we stayed, we rented an apartment directly from the owner.

We have done this several times in traveling to other parts of the world and have never been disappointed. The home we chose in Rome for 4 days was number 77017. It was very close to the Vatican, bus stops, and Metro. (It was actually about a block away from the Metro station to St. Peters.) And renting an apartment was soooo much cheaper than hotels. Plus it was just great to have a washing machine and kitchen!

Not to give you too many choices but we have used www.holiday-rentals.co.uk for the past two years. It is the European equivalent of vrbo. Vrbo has primarily American owners and the prices seemed higher to us than what we found on holidayrentals. Also, there is much more to choose from as compared to what we found on vrbo. Have a great trip!

PS

Stayed in Piazza Navona at Hotel Raphael on our last visit- before we found the apartment option. It is an excellent location, very safe at night (as is area around Spanish Steps). We only wish we had booked an apartment for less than half the cost and twice or three times the size!

Archived