Car Rental In Portland On A Sunday???

many cruises

We are trying to rent a car in Portland, Maine on a Sunday and all of the car rental companies are showing that they are closed on Sundays. We will be on the Maasdam in August and wanted to rent a car to drive to Kennebunkport (sp?). I find it hard to believe that with all the cruise ship passengers arriving on that Sunday that no car rental company is open. Please help if you have any suggestions or experience with this problem.

• 1 month later...
We are trying to rent a car in Portland, Maine on a Sunday and all of the car rental companies are showing that they are closed on Sundays. We will be on the Maasdam in August and wanted to rent a car to drive to Kennebunkport (sp?). I find it hard to believe that with all the cruise ship passengers arriving on that Sunday that no car rental company is open. Please help if you have any suggestions or experience with this problem.

Our ship also docks on a Sunday and ran into this same problem. I ended up just booking the ships excursion to Kennebunkport and saved the hassel of the rental car from the airport.

Many cruises,

Would you be interested in sharing a taxi to the airport to rent a car in order to go to Kennebunkport? We can rent our own cars or one together. We just want to walk around a bit and would rather not do the shore excursion. I'm also afraid it might be full already although I haven't checked.

Kristina (aka Flygal)

Many cruises,

Would you be interested in sharing a taxi to the airport to rent a car in order to go to Kennebunkport? We can rent our own cars or one together. We just want to walk around a bit and would rather not do the shore excursion. I'm also afraid it might be full already although I haven't checked.

Kristina (aka Flygal)

Thanks for asking, but we have already booked the HAL excursion to Kennebunkport because of the problem with the rental car. We don't like to take the bus excursions, but from what I understand this one gives us about 2 hours to walk around town on our own. We felt the same way you do about the excursion, but this one sounds like it will give us the time we wanted in town.

Archived