Celebrity Mille Fun Factory

MommyTraveler

We're booked for Alaska in June w/8yo, 4.95yo(turns 5 on last day!), and 2.75yo for extended family cruise:). Celeb's website FAQ's is a little vague on Fun Factory--is it open non-stop until 10pm, or is there a break between Dinner Party(5-7pm) & Slumber Party(10pm-1am)?

If FF is open through the dining room main seating, we're thinking FF for 8yo & 4yo, & in-room for 2yo because she's too small to fake for a 3yo, for one or two nights' dining for DH & me to eat sans kids, or we could just do in-room sitting for all three($16/hr, but worth it if they're able to stick to their routine). Suggestions/comments?

This is 3rd cruise for 8yo, 2nd for the other 2; 5th for me & DH, but always on RCCL. And while it looks like we're insane w/5 in a cabin, the 8yo is "booked" with Granny in the cabin next door. There will also be a 6yo & 1.5yo cousin*, too, so we may play with the FF/babysitting configuration to save on sitting $$.

*We lobbied--HARD--for Disney, but lost.:(

Thanks!

When we were on the Summit in February (not vacation weeks) we found that the club was open most of the time. The only time it was closed was during dinner (which is early seating time) and slumber party unless you paid extra. I t was open the other times for free. We typically brought the kids up before our dinner (late seating) and let them stay until the salds were served, went up to get them and they arrived with the entrees. A lot less wait time for them and at that time free for us.

There was a deal at the beginning of the week where you could pay a flat fee per child which included everything including meals, shore days and slumber parties. We didn't use it enough to make it worth it, but many kids were there all that time. I don't know much about in-room babysitting but you could ask if the sitter could drop the older kids off at FF when it does open.

All my kids 3, 5, 9 enjoyed it.

Jeanne

So Fun Factory is NOT open during the early/main seating? And the kid's dinner ends 45 minutes after the early/main seating starts(7pm vs. 6:15pm)?

That's what I'm not getting--what's the point of the kid's dinner if the kids have to be picked up before the main seating has finished? :confused: It works OK, as you said, if you have late seating, but that's not an option for us(the other 15 extended family members are at main seating & 8:30pm dining is just too late for us anyway).

As well-behaved & experienced cruisers as the kids are, it's too much to ask of the younger 2 for 6 nights straight of 2-hour meals with far-flung relatives(like Thanksgiving celebrated on Groundhog Day:)). Obviously we have other dining options with the kids & that's not the issue, but at least once or twice DH & I'd like to take advantage of table service & visit with family we don't see often. I was just hoping they'd have a fun option instead of stuck in the stateroom at $16/hr, but I suppose room service & cartoons qualify as "fun" to a 2 & 4yo accustomed to PBS & PBJ!!:D

the kids dinner starts at 6PM and then the kids go to the Fun Factory immediately after- with the counselors. So no need to pick them up from the kids dinner.

My son ate dinner with the kids every single night of our 12 night cruise in the Med on Celebrity Millenium (July 2007). The kids dinner is for a fee of $ 6 per child and is in the buffet each night (except for night of embarkation) starting at 6PM. Then the kids go with the counselors back to the FF. So you can eat at the early seating without any problems.

The previous poster is either unaware of the kids dinner in the buffet at 6PM or doesn't know what they are talking about. Obviously, the previous poster didn't use the kids dinner or they would know that you don't have to pick them up after the dinner is over.

Archived