Cruise Review: Wet & Wild Alaska - Diamond Princess - May 10-17, 2008

Teeara

Thanks for posting this great review--would love to see the photo that made your trip memorable!

Click on the link at the bottom of my signature, go to my Alaska 2008 photos on Webshots and it is the first photo entitled "Tail End".

Teera, there are rumors that Diamond has installed or is installing new seamobile cell service on the ship, making it easier or cheaper to use your cell while onboard.

Was this the case yet? Or did you hear anything about it?

I don't think it will be a problem. You will have to use a stretch limo which is what we had. There were 3 of us in the limo and there would've been no problem seating a 4th. We put our carryons on the back seat (where you enter) and there was still room. There is only room for about 6 pieces of bigger luggage in the trunk of the limo. That is why they say only 6 in the trunk. But again, there is plenty of room inside the limo and you can put it on the back seat. There is a seat directly behind the driver which seats 2, one along the length of the limo which seats 3 and then the back seat which seats 2, but you will need that for luggage.

You don't have to make a reservation, but if it will make you more comfortable then do so. Just make sure you ask for a stretch and not a sedan. There is no way 4 adults will be able to get 10 pieces of luggage in a sedan. We were charged $45 total to the Landis Hotel. Great rate when you consider most shuttle services charge $15 to $20 per person.

So I have no hesitation in recommending Limojet for you. Have a wonderful cruise!

Theresa

Thank you for that info. I will talk it over with our friends and see what they want to do...whether to make a reservation or not. Do you know if there is a way to find out if your ship is the only one at the pier that day? :)

Teera, there are rumors that Diamond has installed or is installing new seamobile cell service on the ship, making it easier or cheaper to use your cell while onboard.

Was this the case yet? Or did you hear anything about it?

Sorry, but I didn't hear anything about that.

Great pictures. I am taking the Photo Safari Excursion in August and can't wait. I'm torn whether to buy a new camera though. I have a 35 mm with a decent zoom lense but I'd love to buy a better digital than the Coolpix I currently have. May I ask what type of camera you got those great pictures with??

Great pictures. I am taking the Photo Safari Excursion in August and can't wait. I'm torn whether to buy a new camera though. I have a 35 mm with a decent zoom lense but I'd love to buy a better digital than the Coolpix I currently have. May I ask what type of camera you got those great pictures with??

I use a Canon EOS Digital Rebel. I was using a 75-300mm lens for the pics. Got the package through www.beachcamera.com in NJ. Great deals and fantastic service.

Glad to hear that 75-300 lens worked for you. I have one, and of course, planning on taking it with my Konica Minolta....yeah, I know...they go out of business right after I buy an expensive DSLR, but its been great for me, and I already had plenty of memory. Although I was thinking about taking enough one gig cards to be able to use one a day. I have read where some people got a big mishmash of pics because each card had the same number series. I will upload each card to a different folder. I did read one time about a program that would organize your pics by the time but I never could find it again. Anyone know about it?

Glad to hear that 75-300 lens worked for you. I have one, and of course, planning on taking it with my Konica Minolta....yeah, I know...they go out of business right after I buy an expensive DSLR, but its been great for me, and I already had plenty of memory. Although I was thinking about taking enough one gig cards to be able to use one a day. I have read where some people got a big mishmash of pics because each card had the same number series. I will upload each card to a different folder. I did read one time about a program that would organize your pics by the time but I never could find it again. Anyone know about it?

Buying cameras sometimes is like buying computers. It's out of date before you get it out of the box!

I haven't heard anything about that mishmash effect. My Canon organizes by date automatically as I am downloading onto the computer. It might have to do with the Canon program that came with the camera. It is called ZoomBrowser, I think (I'm at work right now so don't have my laptop available to double check). Great program and easy to use.

Archived