Hawaiian Cruise during Spring Break?

decoste45

Hi all

We have just booked a 14 night Hawaiian cruise for April 1 2009 aboard the Golden. Will this be a popular cruise for families being that Easter is on day 12 of our trip? Or is this not as popular as the Caribbean itinerary's?

We will be travelling with our 22 month old and are wondering what the age of the other kids will be on board.

Thanks

I'm certainly no expert on this particular cruise, but I have done many spring breaks as a teacher and a parent. I doubt many college students or any age students could do a 14 day cruise for spring break. They usually just get a week off. As for people with smaller children, I really don't know.

Have a great time!

we did a 14 day hawaii cruise and we left on easter, so it was spring break for many and there werent alot of families with kids,

im guessing since its a more expensive and longer cruise,,

i wouldnt think of it being like a party ship for spring break at all, usually people go for the shorter cruises for that,

there was a good mix of ages, mostly people in their 50+, it was the best cruise weve ever taken

I'm guessing the Princess one would be hard to do if you're a student because the Golden will be leaving on Wednesdays. So even if you go to a quarter-based college (for example UCLA), you'll have the week for spring break and maybe part of the following week for spring quarter registration, but would still have to miss the first few days of school.

We were on the LA r/t Hawaii cruise that included Easter this year, and there were some kids, but not hundreds, as I have heard are on Christmas cruises. I think the length of the cruise precludes most kids and college students from going on it.

Archived