Ziplining & Massages???

#4'smom

We are scheduled for ziplining with Los Veranos at 11am and wanted to know if we would have enough time in the afternoon for a massage at the Krystal?????

... when your ship is scheduled to leave Vallarta and how long you plan to linger at the Los Veranos excursion site.

Enjoy!

Our cruise departs at 10pm. How long we linger at Los Veranoes would probably depend on whether we could do the massages..... Do you know how long it actually takes to do just the ziplines? I know there is some travel time to and from the actual lines and the PV office.

You should have plenty of time. I took the 11 a.m. zip tour, stayed at the base camp there for awhile (45 minutes-1 hour?), walked back through town, browsed the open market at Isle Cuale, walked up part of the Malecon, took a cab back and made it to the ship at 4:30 p.m.

Watch your ship time vs. local time though. It may be a 1 hour difference.

• 1 month later...

<<walked back through town, browsed the open market at Isle Cuale, walked up part of the Malecon, took a cab back and made it to the ship at 4:30 p.m. >>

So, 4 cees, you are saying you did not take the bus ride back after your zipline? I am trying to figure out the same thing as OP but I think we can't do it as our ship leaves at 4pm

If you had taken the bus back vs walking can you guess about what time you would have returned? And - one more thing -- I suppose it is an option to get a taxi to bring us back to the ship vs the bus if that would save time - eventhough we've paid for the bus?

thanks for any help anyone can provide on the timing.

We will be in Puerto Vallarta on Aug 20th.

We have a zipline booked for the AM--with a massage booked at the Krystal Hotel at 3:30 pm. :D

I look so forward to this day. :D

<<walked back through town, browsed the open market at Isle Cuale, walked up part of the Malecon, took a cab back and made it to the ship at 4:30 p.m. >>

So, 4 cees, you are saying you did not take the bus ride back after your zipline? I am trying to figure out the same thing as OP but I think we can't do it as our ship leaves at 4pm

If you had taken the bus back vs walking can you guess about what time you would have returned? And - one more thing -- I suppose it is an option to get a taxi to bring us back to the ship vs the bus if that would save time - eventhough we've paid for the bus?

thanks for any help anyone can provide on the timing.

I believe you miss understood what 4cees was telling us. Walking back to the shopping areas in Vallarta, from the Los Veranos office on the south side, is very easy; walking back from the actual excursion site is not something anybody would do. Reference this map - http://www.vallarta-info.com/outerlimits.html You will find Los Veranos on the map, lower center, below Boca de Tomatlan.

Transportation between the Los Veranos office and the the excursion site is done on in an open-air truck or a company bus. There are no taxis available out at the excursion site (kinda remote). Travel between the Los Veranos office and the port can be done via city bus or city taxi.

For planning purposes, allow roughly 1.5 hours for round trip transportation between the office and the excursion site. Allow another 1.5 hours for the zipline activity itself. An 11 AM excursion could have you back to the tour office between 2 & 2:30 in the afternoon with a return via taxi to the port 20 minutes later. Not really enough time to enjoy a massage at Krystal before your ship departure.

Since Spirit arrives at 7 AM, why not book a 10 AM or earlier zipline excursion and then reserve a 2 PM or 2:30 PM massage.

Enjoy!

MSN - you gave me the EXACT info I've been trying to pull out from someone in the know -- thank you so much...

... unfortunately it's NOT the info I'd hoped for, but what I had finally figured out on my own. :(

DH and I had decided that since we just do not have enough time in port we'd rather visit the city and end the day with a massage at Krystal -- will save the exciting zipline experience for another visit.

Thank you again for taking time to patiently helping me out!

MSN - you gave me the EXACT info I've been trying to pull out from someone in the know -- thank you so much...

... unfortunately it's NOT the info I'd hoped for, but what I had finally figured out on my own. :(

DH and I had decided that since we just do not have enough time in port we'd rather visit the city and end the day with a massage at Krystal -- will save the exciting zipline experience for another visit.

Thank you again for taking time to patiently helping me out!

Hi there!

Actually, there are zipline tours in both Mazatlan and Cabo. There's one in Maz that is teensy but goes over the city. Kind of unique and interesting. It goes from the top of a big hill down to the beach.

Tee

Archived