first cruise -debarkation question

flossyal

Hello, My DH and I will be on the Elation 10/17 for our first cruise. Is it possible for us to be in a taxi by 10:00am the morning of debarkation in Galveston? I am unsure of how this process works, and we have a 1:30 flight out of Houston Bush. How long does it "normally" take to get off the ship. Thanks!

Yes, it's possible, but you may want to debark by carrying off your own luggage with the early group just to make sure you get off in time. You never can tell if there might be immigration issues with any passengers that hold up everyone. Just make sure the Purser's desk also knows your flight arrangements in advance- your Fun Pass should contain this information.

Thank you both for the quick reply- I feel better. I had been reading reviews about the Elation and some stated it took forever to get off and others said that it went quickly. I will remind the purser's desk of my flight time and prearranged pier pickup time. Thanks Again, Anne:)

We cruised on the Elation on 09-26-04. We did not have to catch a flight since we drove (approx 9 1/2 hrs) so we were not in a hurry to get off. We noticed that they made ref to people who had an early flight meeting somewhere on the ship the morning we arrived in Galveston. Even though they did not say on the PA that we were all clear to debark the ship we noticed numerous people getting off much earlier than us. We were allowed to get off around 1115 to 1130 but many others had gotten of earlier. Just let the staff know that you have a flight and they will help you.

You will have a great time on the Elation. she is a very nice ship and lots to do. Also the food was great.

We just returned from the Glory. We decided to carry our own bags off to get an early start. They called people deck by deck, who were carrying their own bags. We didn't make it off until approximately 10:15. They ask you to stay in your cabin until your deck is called but no one asked us for our cabin number. So, with that said, get off at your first chance.

Flossyal-Congratulations on your 1st cruise. Our 1st is 4/10/2005. I hope you have a blast!

Birm38-I see you are an Oklahoman as well, where you from, I'm from Nicoma Park, close to the City

Bye, happy sailing, Kelly

I have a question to add..... I have read (from another thread/post) that they shut down the elevators on debarkation morning. Is that true? My husband is worried b/c of all the luggage that I want to take and we are planning on doing the "self assist" as well. We will be on the Glory (for our first cruise) on Saturday (10/16).

Thanks,
Tracy

Archived