A little off topic...

The link below is not to a cruise photo gallery, but since the subject was a recent trip to the Spokane area and was shot like a shore excursion, I thought I'd post it anyway since it includes the same sort of challenges that we all face while travelling: bad light, overcast, noonday sun when it's not wanted and a short time frame.

This isn't meant as part of the upcoming photo assignment series, but if you look through the photos and see a photographic situation you have a question about, the trip is still fresh in my head and I remember the details and challenges of the shots.

Link:http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/debra2008

Example: Trying to get the darn waterfall to feather in unexpectedly bright noonday sun...

medium.jpg

Dave

You must have a great camera to get those pictures! Ha ha just kidding, I bugs me when I take the time to set up great shots and people give credit to the camera!

Good lord what beautiful pictures! I hope to be able to shoot like that some day, I've got some work to do!

MAC

Dave...As usual, I am SO impressed with your images!!

I have a question about the one entitled "Fish Art"

Was it hand held? at 1/4 second ? or did you use a tri/monopod?

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks Bill!

Hand-held. I'm a no-flash-whenever-possible fan and pretty steady, but the in-body stabilization on the A700 is very effective.

BTW, all of the fish were had-carved and hand-painted. Over 100 hours in each one! You had to sniff them to be sure they weren't real!

Dave

Archived