Hyatt Sunset Harbor (Condos)

seattlecruisers

I am interested in hearing any info about the Hyatt Sunset Harbor condos -- 200 Sunset Lane? We did a B&B last time we were in KW and are more interested in a hotel resort this time and this looks reasonable compared to some of the other big name chains.

It looks like it's only a short walk to Duvall and that you are on the sunset side of KW near Mallory Sq. Yes?

Any info is appreciated.

Thx -- Leslie

I am interested in hearing any info about the Hyatt Sunset Harbor condos -- 200 Sunset Lane? ...

As an owner of a townhouse at Sunset Harbor I'm a bit biased, but feel there is no better location in Key West. Views of the sunset every evening from either of my verandas are absolutely wonderful! A few steps and we're on Duval Street or Mallory Square.

Here are some pictures of the Sunset Harbor Resort.

Given the nature of this timeshare property there are always a few units for rent. The 2-BR units go for $450/night, but 1-BRs and studios are much less. Hyatt has a few units available for purchase. A week during the high season at about $32,000. Lower prices can be found on the resale market.

Thanks, Kal! I think this place is exactly what we are looking for. Any particular area of the facility to request for a 1 bd?

We'll finish up our vacation in KW over Christmas after an 11 night cruise. It's always so much fun down there! Plus, it will be nice to have our own kitchen after being on a long cruise though I suspect we'll still eat out in those fabulous restaurants. Last time, we fell in love with Louie's Backyard!

(BTW, I see you are from Seattle also.)

Thanks again. Leslie

Leslie - Time is very short to get into Sunset Harbor especially during the Xmas/NY season. In any case, send me an email message and I "might" be able to get you in. How long a stay are you thinking?

Yes, it the Sunset Harbor. Now.... I've been thinking though, will the town be too quiet with our trip spanning over Christmas? Do you think most everything will be closed on the 25th? What, if anything, will be open? We'll have to head up to Miami on the 26th to catch an early flight on the 27th so our window of time is the 24 through late day on the 26th. Thoughts?

Agree, the town never sleeps! Sundays are a little different as, by law, bars cannot open until Noon. Most bars will observe Christmas Day (this year on a Saturday) as if it were a Sunday. Normally there are no cruise ships in port on Saturday and usually only one or two on Sunday. Accordingly, there won't be large numbers of cruisers in town; just the dedicated visitors and locals who love Key West.

Sounds great, thx. I can almost hear Michael McCloud at the Schooner Bar already as I type this! Can't wait!

Make sure you print a basket of coupons for freebies at the Schooner Wharf Bar. Suds and McCloud.....just doesn't get any better!

Get bimbos and bozos and bikers and boozers, daytime drunks, 3-time losers, get roomfull of rednecks and fancy dressed fellas, busloads of bluehairs and dirtbags and sailors. It's just another day in this tourist town bar, sittin' here on this stage and just picking this guitar.....

Bring home a copy of "Gretas.." CD.

My family are also owners of a condo at Sunset Harbor, and while there last week, (October 10th to the 17th) we also purchased another one on the other side of Key West at the Hyatt Beach House Club.

These places are awsome, you can not get no better place then Sunset Harbor for the view and the location.

Judi Hensley

Archived