Proposed on Passion Island! - review

wardvette

My girlfriend of three years and I took a Carnival Cruise out of Miami from May 3rd to May 10th. Our ports of call included Cozumel on May 5th, Grand Cayman on May 7th, and Ocho Rios on May 8th. Several months prior to our cruise, I decided to propose to her. Knowing that we would be in the Caribbean very soon, I thought it would be a good idea to wait until the cruise.

When I started planning the proposal, I knew I wanted to do it on one of the islands, and I knew I would want to do it as soon as possible so that we could celebrate during the remainder of our vacation. This made Cozumel the obvious choice. So, I visited the Cozumel section of cruisecritic.com everyday for a month, trying to settle on the perfect location to pop the question. Some places didn’t seem to have very good scenery, and some places sounded like they would be way too crowded. The only place that met my criteria was Passion Island. Heeding the advice of several cruisecritic.com members, I emailed Carrie at tourcozumel@hotmail.com. She directed me to their website for more information (*****) and promptly answered any questions I had that weren’t answered on the website. She also helped me find the perfect location for the proposal, and organized a private table with champagne and roses to celebrate.

Everything went great on the day of proposal. My girlfriend was very surprised and loved the arrangements we had made. We even had a photographer that took several pictures of us by the beech. She told us we could meet somebody at 7:00 that evening near the pier to pickup the pictures. As soon as we got to the meeting place, a lady walked up to my fiancée and held out a rose. My fiancée said “no thanks” and the lady said “no Amber, this is for you, and here are your pictures!” We were so use to everybody trying to sell us stuff that we just assumed she was trying to sell us a rose. I didn’t ask or pay for this little addition, so I was surprised also.

After all of the help I received on cruisecritic.com, I wanted to thank everybody for helping me find the perfect location, as well as offer up my own review of Passion Island. It was a fantastic day, and Carrie was great help throughout the whole process. Our tour guide was very flexible in determining our departure time from Passion Island. I think we met her at the pier at 9:30 am and ended up getting back around 5:00 pm, although I can’t remember the exact times. If we didn’t have to worry about family attending, we would definitely go back to Passion Island to get married!

Thank you so much for posting your review! Passion Island sounds like a wonderful place. I will be visting in about 2 weeks. And yes, Carrie is awesome to work with.

Congratulations on your engagement!

Sounds like a life time wonderful memory.. What a sweet guy you are ! I keep intending to go to Passion beach but keep gettimg out voted.. Oh, well, one of these days.. I read some where Passion island is where that Corona beer commercial was filmed.. Each time I see the commercial I drool. Big Congrats. to you and Amber.

Archived