Handbags in St. Thomas??

crazycruzer68

There are some small shops that have Coach purses-you have to shop around and see if the shop has them & you can bargain prices. We had great success ;) . Have fun shopping and just remember to bring small bills-you would hate to make a great bargain and then ask for change from a really large bill-if you know what I mean!!

Linda

There are two Coach stores in St Thomas selling mostly the logo styles - not the leather lines. However, I heard rumors that they may be closing, so there's no guarantee they'll be here when you arrive.

There isn't a D&B store.

You can get knockoffs of Coach, Prada, etc in Vendors' Plaza in town, and in some small stores that cater mostly to locals. I think there's one in Al Cohen's Mall across from Havensight.

I don't know of any other stores that cater to tourists that carry knockoff designer bags. Some stores carry Guess, and some other name brand bags, but not designer.

Is there a Coach or Dooney& Bourke store in st.thomas? What about knockoffs is this a port for those?

Not sure about D & B but the Tiffany's store has Coach [at full prices I might add] they had all the new styles. Didn't buy anything there as I can pay full price at home.

I had heard that there were knock offs at the open market but we didn't get the time to walk around there :( Maybe this year we will.

But if your itinery has San Juan on it then there is a fabulous Coach Outlet store were I got a great deal on both a purse and wallet ;) ;)

There is also a Dooney & Burke store across the street and while I didn't buy anything there they did have some great deals too.

San Juan also had some street vendors selling the knock offs [i took a look at these and I could tell they were knock offs]

Grand Turk also had a hut in the cruise centre that sold knock offs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In Vendor's Plaza (the open air tent market area in downtown Charlotte Amalie) its knock offs. There are like 6-7 different booths/tables with purses and wallets... Gucci, D&G, Burberry, Prada, Channel, Coach...

--Islander

• 2 weeks later...

While in St. Thomas in 2003, I bought a Coach purse in the Coach store in the Tiffany building. The sales person told me that the color of my purse was only marketed in Europe. I have not seen anyone in Chicago with the same color purse! I always get comments because no one has seen a Coach bag in that color.

Leslie

Here's the addresses for the stores in San Juan for those interested.

Coach Outlet- San Juan, PR

158 Calle del Cristo St.

San Juan, PR

787-722-6830

Dooney & Burke Outlet- San Juan, PR

200 Calle del Cristo St.

San Jaun, Pr 00901

787-289-0075

M-Sat 10a-6p

Sun 12-5

Archived