Is 120 a lot of children on board?

sdfamily

I just called Princess about our 6/30 Coral Princess sailing and was told that there are about 120 children on board in the 3-12 YO range. I think she actualy said 112, but I was so excited that the number was over 100.

It sounded like a lot to me, but it's our first cruise, so I don't really know.

What do you all think? As far as I'm concerned, it's a good thing to have more kids. My rugrats will blend in more....

Maybe I'll scare some people away from our cruise;)

I just called Princess about our 6/30 Coral Princess sailing and was told that there are about 120 children on board in the 3-12 YO range. I think she actualy said 112, but I was so excited that the number was over 100.

It sounded like a lot to me, but it's our first cruise, so I don't really know.

What do you all think? As far as I'm concerned, it's a good thing to have more kids. My rugrats will blend in more....

Maybe I'll scare some people away from our cruise;)

Actually 120 kids in that age range is a fairly small amount for a summer cruise, but it should provide plenty of playmates for your kids. The nice thing is that the groups will be small enough that counselors should be able to provide more personal attention. Princess has a really excellent kids program.

Our cruise on the Dawn Princess last summer had close to 500 kids(including teens) and our Christmas cruise had around 800.

First, I am sort of surprised that they gave you the number of kids from 3-12. When I called last year about how many kids were going to be on the Coral there were 89 in the 8-12 YO area.

There are a couple reasons why there may not be as many kids on this cruise first--itinerary. You are probably cruising to Alaska, which we found out last year tends to have a slightly older crowd and I don't think that there were as many kids on it because of that and 2) the Coral only holds 1950 pax. Now, take the Caribbean Princess, which holds 3100 pax and goes to the Caribbean, there will probably be a lot more kids on board.

By the way, we were on the Coral to Alaska last year and the ship was beautiful and we had a great time on the cruise and in the ports. Granted, I don't have anything to compare it to, yet, as our second cruise doesn't begin until June 22, but it was an amazing time.

Have a great time!

I've posted two roll calls on CC. There have been NO responses. How do I find out what's going on? Is there some no-kids group on board?

Now I'm concerned.....

Check the format for your date. Try 6/30 in your title instead of June 30. Just typing out loud here

Archived