Randi's questions

damurph

For those who have ridden Randi's Happy Horses, a few questions:

About how long does the ride last?

Anything you would suggest we bring with us, for the ride or afterward?

I know there will be plenty of food at Victor's, but should we bring bottled water or anything for the ride itself?

For those who wore shorts on the ride, would you do that again?

Thanks for your help.

If I remember correctly, the ride itself was about 1-1/2 hours. We spent about equal time at Victor's. The balance of time was spent going & coming from the ship to Stone Island.

Nothing particular to bring - water if you think you'll want it during the ride. I wore shorts - no problem at all.

Hope that helps, :)

Bring a camera. When you're on the beach, Antonio will stop and take pictures for you using your camera. (Think of all the tours where they'll take your picture and sell it to you for a bundle at the end of the tour!) You can also take pictures of your family while you're riding. Sometimes those candids are priceless.

My teens wore shorts and would recommend that. However, I have very sensitive skin and a lot of contact allergies, so I bought a pair of very lightweight pants for $9 at Walmart to wear on this ride. (It was July so I knew it would be hot.) I'd do that again just because I never know what will set off an allergic reaction.

If you want to do beach things then you'll need towels, etc. You can put anything you want for Victor's in a separate bag and it stays at the guide's house while you're on the ride. His parents are there. Your bags are then brought to Victor's for you and someone stays with them. It's a very nice arrangement.

We were just talking about Randi's tonight and how much fun we had on it.

HollyK is correct on all counts. Randi or crew will watch your backpacks or extra things during the ride and have them waiting for you at Victors. You might want to take a beach towel and anything you need for swimming while at Victors. I took my camera on the ride and Roberto offered to take our pictures on the horses.

No problem with wearing shorts, especially if you get to ride "Mosquito", he loves to go in the water!! So you may want to wear shoes that you don't mind getting wet. Might sound crazy, but if you are a woman, don't go w/o a bra, the other woman on our trip had on a halter top and she was dying when the horses started trotting!

I have been seeing so many posts on here regarding Randi's horses. Going to Mex Riveria in January and haven't been horseback riding in years. Where can I find out more about this? I searched a little on the web & didn't a web site.

Can anyone help me out???

I thought I read this somewhere, but does anyone know the weight limit on Randis?

The limit is 240 but we were over and Randi was gracious and accomodated us.

A little funny - I know a few words of Spanish and forwarned my DH and cousins that if you hear the words gordita or grande gordita they are speaking of us. Well don't we pull up and hear grande gordita and we all bust out laughing. Just imagine the looks on their faces that we knew what they were talking about.

:D

anyways I'm not telling which one of us weighed what but one of us was about 25-30 pounds over.

Archived