Soltice 12/14/08 - Anyone Hear From X yet?

cruzmaven

Celebrity made their announcement regarding the new dates for the Soltice yesterday. As of yesterday afternoon they were accepting bookings for the 11/30 and 12/7 cruises and choice cabins are being scooped up at great rates.

As of this morning, I (as a passenger with several cabns booked on the 12/14/2008 sailing), have not heard anything from X about the change or the ability to move my reservations to the 11/23 sailing or rebook to 11/30 or 12/7. I know they have my email address and phone numbers as they are on my Captains Club account and on the reservations.

I booked directly so there's no TA involved.

If I didn't read the CC boards I'd have no idea.

Has anyone else heard anything from X?

Maybe I'm overreacting but I would think they would let their customers know what's going on at the same time (or before) they made announcements to the general public.

I read it here yesterday and changed my plans accordingly. I was doubtful about hearing from Celebrity anytime soon (based on past experience with a cancelled cruise) but I recieved a call this morning from Celebrity about the change. I thought they reached me in a very timely manner.

Hi Everyone !

FYI, Celebrity did contact my TA this morning, and my TA called me immediately. It seems that Celebrity is doing a very good job of getting in touch with those who are booked.

I strongly suggest that anyone who is booked, and wishes to change to the new sail date, should be proactive, and call your TA or Celebrity directly. There is no need to wait to hear from Celebrity.

As a UK cruiser on this cruise, we sent email to TA and they got in touch with Celebrity whose reply was that as we can't change our plans and because we booked so early and got a good price on our 2C cabin we paid £698 each and there are only 3 cabins left at a much higher price that we are lucky to have it at such a cheap price and they are doing nothing for us . Our TA said there was nothing we could do but wait for a letter Celebrity are sending out within the next week explaining our options of transferring over to the now new Inaugural cruise date (which we can't do)

TA called me this morning and switched to the new maiden voyage on 23 Nov.

Now I can get to meet Host Andy!.

Fortunately my TA knows me well enough to not even question whether I would want to switch.......its maiden voyage or nothing.

Just think......its almost a week closer....whoopy!.:D

I cna taste the food and drinks already:p

My TA called and I originally switched to the new inaugural date. After I checked the 11/30 dates we decided to jump on the great prices. Yea, I wanted to take the inaugural but I am not keen on taking a Thanksgiving cruise.

We'll wait a week and save $829.

Enjoy,

Duane

Celebrity made their announcement regarding the new dates for the Soltice yesterday. As of yesterday afternoon they were accepting bookings for the 11/30 and 12/7 cruises and choice cabins are being scooped up at great rates.

As of this morning, I (as a passenger with several cabns booked on the 12/14/2008 sailing), have not heard anything from X about the change or the ability to move my reservations to the 11/23 sailing or rebook to 11/30 or 12/7. I know they have my email address and phone numbers as they are on my Captains Club account and on the reservations.

I booked directly so there's no TA involved.

If I didn't read the CC boards I'd have no idea.

Has anyone else heard anything from X?

Maybe I'm overreacting but I would think they would let their customers know what's going on at the same time (or before) they made announcements to the general public.

I HAVE NOT HEARD AND I AM A TA WITH MY OWN AGENCY - I HEARD HERE SO I NOTIFIED ALL OF MY CLIENTS - IF MY HOST AGENCY HEARD THEY DID NOT TELL ME!

TA called me this morning and switched to the new maiden voyage on 23 Nov.

Now I can get to meet Host Andy!.

Hi RMS !

I am glad to hear you are joining us. It will be great to meet you. Please come join the Roll Call : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=783595

Archived