Key West Pub Crawl

I<3Cruises

Last time we were there we did our own pub crawl. We had met a bunch of people on roll call as well as the group we had going. We mapped out our favorite bars and which were the closest to each other to make it all walkable from the pier. We also had a start time and a rough time arriving at each bar so others that were on excursions could join us mid crawl, we had a blast!!!

Wow. I can't imagine needing to book an excursion for this. Just head down Duval Street. I looked at the carnival web site. 2.5 hrs, you get a free Tshirt (probably says Carnival on it) and a free drink at each bar visited -- says there are five bars. That means 30 minutes in each one. If I drink five drinks in 2.5 hrs, I probably wouldn't do anything else the rest of the day. Not sure how much this excursion costs but Key West is pretty small and I think you could do your own Pub Crawl at a more leasurely pace...you won't get a free Tshirt but I'm sure you'll be able to find one to buy that you'll like better.

To get started, here is a link to some of the bars in Key West. http://www.keywest.com/bars.html. If I were doing my own pub crawl (wait! I have), I think my favorite is Schooner's Wharf followed by Sloppy Joes and Captain Tony's. And I'd go to Hog's Breath just to get the Tshirt. Other people probably would have a different list.

And don't worry, if you don't finish your drink before you want to move on, they'll give you a take away cup to put it in. Only place I've ever been where you could carry your drink off the premises and up and down the main street.

Only place I've ever been where you could carry your drink off the premises and up and down the main street.

You should try Las Vegas..... You feel naked not having on in your hand as you walk down the street!

After a leisurely walk to the beach at the end of Duvall, had a drink or two there, walked to the Green Parrot, Margueritaville, Sloppy Joes (ate food here, listened to the live music) ) , Captain Tony's and then it was tiime to get back on ship.

There are plenty of places to crawl. Just make it up as you go along but make sure you get back to the ship on time!:eek: Have fun!

I did this excursion as I was by myself on this cruise! It was a blast! It lasted longer than advertised...more like 4 hours. I needed a "nap" when I got back to the ship, but I was still able to partake in some of the pool games that afternoon.

We did the pub crawl last spring and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yeah you can do your own, but u miss the local charaters that way. Our guide was superb, just as shame she's married and left the keys. Going back in Oct and may do it again. You will definitely enjoy it.

For those of you in Red Sox Nation, The Lazy Gecko on Duval next to Irish Kevin's is the Southermost Red Sox bar. The owners are from MA so they have satellite for all Red Sox games. We will be in KW 6/4 to 6/11, so we are planning many hours at Lazy Gecko between Sox and Celtics-LA NBA finals!

Joanne

We did the pub crawl last spring and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yeah you can do your own, but u miss the local charaters that way. Our guide was superb, just as shame she's married and left the keys. Going back in Oct and may do it again. You will definitely enjoy it.

You'll miss the local characters with or without a tourguide going to those bars on Duval......we avoid them like the plague!

For those of you in Red Sox Nation, The Lazy Gecko on Duval next to Irish Kevin's is the Southermost Red Sox bar. The owners are from MA so they have satellite for all Red Sox games. We will be in KW 6/4 to 6/11, so we are planning many hours at Lazy Gecko between Sox and Celtics-LA NBA finals!

That is great to know! We leave tomorrow and will be happy to see our Sox down there! Thanks! :D

You'll miss the local characters with or without a tourguide going to those bars on Duval......we avoid them like the plague!

Agreed, it is highly unlikely that you will see a local on Duval Street, especially below the 500 block.;)

Mike:)

I did this excursion a couple of years ago and had a blast! I have been to Key West several times, and have done my own pub crawl which was also fun. The guide brings you to some real out of the way places you might not venture to on your own, and tells great stories and jokes along the way. I would recommend this excursion, its really fun, and not that expensive. Good luck!

Archived