Carnival Valor - Balcony

One person from each affected cabin should go the the Purser's desk to ask about opening the partitions. Do this early on the first day.

I do not know if there are limits to the number of cabins in a row that can have open partitions. I have seen runs of 3 or 4 cabins on Spirit Class ships, but don't remember seeing any over 3 cabins on Conquest Class. I have been told that there is a limit to the total number of partitions that can be opened for any sailing.

As the above poster stated, on Conquest Class ships, the open partition will block a door or part of a window. There is a holdback on the partition that can be reached from inside the cabin to open it, allowing you to use the door. Assuming you are tall enough to reach the top of the door and your arms are "normal sized" (not the size of my thighs), you can handle it. If I remember correctly, the partition must be attached aft of the hinges.

On Spirit Class ships, the open partition hinges on and attaches to the railing, not the ship side of the balcony.

I cruised the Valor in '06, and my friends were in the cabin next to us...and we opened the partition between the balconies. It does cover one of the doors to the cabin, but a mere inconvenience when hanging with your friends!!

I'm cruising on the Valor again in August, so...I'll keep an eye on those balconies for ya! :)

I am just wondering if we could open up all 5 ...

Any info you could send me after your cruise on the Valor would be great... I heard it was refreshed in Feb.

If you find any secrets about the ship.. would love to here that too..

like.. when do you have to get up to get a chair by the pool :)

when do you have to get up to get a chair by the pool :)

Early on sea days!

We sailed last week (Valor) and I took pictures of a whole row of "saved" chairs at 6:30am!! There was one guy sitting at the end of the row, then about 8 or 9 chairs with something on them, magazines, flip-flops (one pair saving 2 chairs - one flip-flop on each chair), coffee cups, towels. :eek:

A pic of the Valor Lido deck:

Slide offers some shade on Dolphin pool and hot tub below. Main pool is on lower deck behind 2 red hot tubs. Adult pool is at the back of the ship. Running track is behind the big screen and goes to aft of ship. Adult deck is above big screen. The net behind the big screen is over the volleyball and basketball courts. The golf mini-put goes around the funnel.

Pic1-100.jpg

We had 3 aft balconies on Valor and the room steward opened the dividers after all of us told him it was ok to do it. We never had to go to the pursers desk. I think he was just making sure we all wanted the dividers open.

• 3 months later...
We had 3 aft balconies on Valor and the room steward opened the dividers after all of us told him it was ok to do it. We never had to go to the pursers desk. I think he was just making sure we all wanted the dividers open.
Were these the true aft at the back of the ship..?? We are looking at Glory, cabins 8457 and 8459!:) If we can open that partition, we would book those two instead of one 9A and 8457...:D I realize the partition between the 9A and 8457 DOES NOT open.. We just all hang on the big balcony..

The two 8G's would save us a good piece of change, and we'd still have a nice balcony!:p Think it's possible??

I made this up to explain the balcony issue and how you should be able to appy the theory to see if it'll work for you. *****Conquest%20Deck%20plans.htm

I don't know how the direct aft cabins work, the theory should work for the side.

the deck plans are from the EX.... travel site so their deck plans can also be used for Triumph and Destiny class.

I had everything done but lost much in a hard drive crash.

Archived