What tour company do you recommend?

vossjemi

What company do you recommend for excursions out of Puerto Limon?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What company do you recommend for excursions out of Puerto Limon?

• Almonds & Corals
    • Canopytour.com
    • Greenway Tours
    • Mambo Tours
    • Rios Tropicales
    • Oscar Brown
    • Cruise ship
    • Vendors at the pier
    • Other

I know we have room on our Belize excursion with Margaret. We are going to the altun Ha ruins, a city tour, the baboon sanctuary and lunch.

Hi Llund,

We will be on Coral Princess but won't be until late February. How much Margaret quoted for you tour? We would like to do the same tour as yours. I did go to the website but did not see the price.

Thanks for your help.

Truyen

• 3 weeks later...

We did the tour with Oscar on Nov. 13 and did the ziplining at Almonds & Corals. Actually whether it's Oscar or Almonds & Corals you won't go wrong. Aurora and her husband Marco are great hosts and have a beautiful place and very safe with the ziplining.

Oscar was great and showed us many things we otherwise would not have seen. Either one you win!

Hi Limon ! (Oscar) Looks like you are doing well ! Keep treating our C.C. friends right, and keep that cooler in the van full of cold drinks, and keep charging less than the competition, and we'll keep calling. Say hello to your friend with the Sloth and Monkey for us. I bet that Sloth is getting big ! Also, wish the folks up at Restaurante Elfaro a Merry Christmas for me. We loved that place. Wow, what a view! I wish we were there with you right now, having a cold beer.

Limon (Oscar),

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. As the colder weather is starting to hit us now, our day with you in your beautiful country will have to keep me warm until we get to cruise in January. Unfortunately we won't be visiting Costa Rica this time. My friend from my church didn't get to go on the tour with you that the people on the Celebrity had arranged, he did however love your country.

Greg,

You are so right about the drinks, pricing etc. The one thing that you failed to mention though was Oscar's wonderful smile and his interest in giving you a day to remember. I will have to report on our day with Pam when we get back from our cruise. If we agree on that one as much as we agree about our day with Oscar we might need to write a book.... :p Greatest Tours by Great minds that think alike:D

Merry Christmas to both of you, and God bless you and yours.

8_2_86v.gif

Colleen

Virgenia,

The tour company that this other person used from the west coast of Costa Rica is the Original Canopy Tour. he raved about this since their cruise stopped only on the west coast (not the east coast which is close to Almonds & Corals). Here is the website: http://centralamerica.com/cr/tours/canopy.htm

It looks like they have toll-free numbers as well as e-mail. It also looks like they provide transport from Puntarenas from the website--not sure whether that also includes the pier, although I would think so since cruise ship passengers can be a boon to business. You may want to contact them directly and see which one is closer to the port and whether they can provide transportation to/from the ship to the site. I am sure they do this frequently for cruise ship passengers. You can also see if they do have transportation whether you can see any other sites to/from the canopy tour, and if they do not provide transportation, if they have any references for cabs, etc. similar to Oscar. I know that Oscar has a relationship with Almonds & Corals, so I would imagine there is probably the same with the Original Canopy Tour from the west coast. The person who was talking to me on the safety of doing ziplining raved about this one--said it was very safe.

You might also want to contact Almonds & Corals and see if they pick up on the west coast--I know they do have transportation from the ship to their site as well and also provide some sightseeing to and from. However, in light of the poor road conditions it may be worth your while to look for those closer to Puntarenas--I just am not sure how close all these places are to one another. Even though they look close on the map, the roads and access are critical.

Good luck!

We will be visiting Costa Rica via cruise ship from Puerto Limon. There are a few tour companies we have discovered and wondered who CCers recommend and why. Thanks.

Hi I'm new here :)

I Just want to recommend someone in Port Limon, is a person who take people to a tour. Is a nice person, personally I'm happy with the tour that he gave me and my family like too. We visit Tortuguero Canal was incredible, full of species of birds and wildlife:p and the tour was so cheap.

He has a webpage if you want to take a look is www.geocities.com/manuelbebe2000/bebe.html.

I love Costa Rica and probably We go the next year again.

Virgenia,

You might want to post to Oscar, LIMON, and see if he can give you some suggestions. Or better yet........ Oscar do you have any names or numbers of any one in that area that you recommend?

Colleen

Hi I'm new here :)

I Just want to recommend someone in Port Limon, is a person who take people to a tour. Is a nice person, personally I'm happy with the tour that he gave me and my family like too. We visit Tortuguero Canal was incredible, full of species of birds and wildlife:p and the tour was so cheap.

He has a webpage if you want to take a look is www.geocities.com/manuelbebe2000/bebe.html.

Limon Tourist Transport

Tortuguero Canal

Piney10,

I contacted that place you suggested in a message up thread that you said your friends used on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. They sent me an answer back that they don't do cruise ships passengers. Did your friend get picked up at the port, or did he hire a guide to take him to the facility.? I was kind of shocked that they wrote back to say they do not offer canopy tours out of cruise ships. Kind of missing a market I'd say.

Virgenia

I don't know what is going on here but this person "Janecruise" who's first post was under "Limon" is breaking the rules of the boards. First, "Limon" is the boardname of a now well known person named Oscar, and how he was able to post under someone elses boardname, I don't know. Now he has changed his boardname to "Janecruise", posted 10 times, and they are all advertisements for his business and links to his website. Plus he even went so far as to post a short but ficticious review of a tour by him.

While I admire his intent and industrious ambition, drumming up business for yourself on these boards is a no-no.

I agree its a nono to self-promote. However, is Oscar Jane-cruise? Jane talks about someone named Manuel, not Oscar. But, I had previously read Oscar didn't have a computer so had to use his sister's, so maybe she is Jane and someone she knows is Manuel. Boy, this is getting confusing.

Manuel is "Janecruise". I will contact Oscar tonight and ask him if he knows anything of this, but I doubt it highly. I have contacted the Cruise Critic manager to check this out.

Oscar's sister is named Carol. She helps him with bookings and such. She and Oscar are aware of the rules here and would not operate in this manner.

Hi I am Manuel, I hope you and your family are well. I work for a company of tourism in Port Limon, I would like to offer my services. The people who have taken tour with me are very pleased. I wait for you can estender your hands to me and your help. I have family, three children and my dream is to give them a good academic preparation because in my conditions it's very difficult to me. I hope can have your collaboration, I am not going to defraud you, my satisfies is that the tourist is pleased. The service that I offer is of quality, to obtain data of my services you can visit the Webpage http://www.geocities.com/manuelbebe2000/bebe.html and there you will find information related to the tour that I offer. At the moment I want to become independent but I need a hand to leave ahead with the business. Thanks beforehand and God blesse you, I hope soon you answer me or just to salute me or for thank you for help me. I promise that I'll put you in a high position with the people who you recommend to me.

Thanks

Manuel

:confused: :confused: This seems to be a post from Limon but he is now calling himself Manuel? Is this a legitimate post from Limon and if so is he known as Oscar and Manuel?

As a person that has personally gone on a tour with Oscar and helped promote his tour with fellow CC posters I can say that he would not be posting here on these boards to promote his business. I don't get anything from helping promote his tours except that I get a real warm fuzzy in my heart when I help "PAY IT FORWARD" As the movie suggests. Oscar gives a little bit of himself when he does a tour with you. I guess I connect with him because we work 7 days a week 50 weeks out of the year. The two weeks off are devoted to down time so we can recharge our batteries to give excellent care to our clients the other 50 weeks. In my book it means alot when someone gives you their word that they will do something and sticks to it. Oscar told us that he would be waiting at the end of the pier and he was even though our ship was 1 1/2 hours late getting there. He would not jeopardize his ability to post on the CC boards by the post I read.

There were posts a while back where someone from a resort company, IMHO, that posted under several alias names to promote their business. I am in hopes that this same company that is in the Pureto Limon area is not resorting to the same tactics.

I hope the moderators don't pull the thread on the poll that suggest who is the best tour, but rather deletes the posts that seem to be posted by a tour operator. Oscar knows the rules and goes out of his way to try to respect those rules.

Gregg,

Can you email me directly at Colleen310@aol.com, I would like to contact you by phone. This is so unfair to Oscar and his hard working family.

Think this has happened before...

I truly don't believe these posts are being answered by Oscar.

I've been in contact w/him via e-mail for several weeks now... never directly on board here, and have gotten very quick, concise and informative answers.

I think I know who's doing it (as does Driftwoodgal)

Carolyn

Archived