What is this thing on the bed?

I see these brown "pads" on the beds in many pictures of the cabins. What is it?

It's a luggage pad to keep from soiling or tearing the spread on the bed. Just roll it up and stick it in the closet when you've finished unpacking.

then after you have your luggage emptied out....we take the luggage and put it under the bed....fits perfectly under there:)

You know we have been on 5 cruises and I have always left everything in my suitcase, except for what needed to be hung. On my next cruise, I am going to be a bit more refined and put my things away and put my suitcase under my bed. Who said you can't find new things to do if all you do is cruise?

You know we have been on 5 cruises and I have always left everything in my suitcase, except for what needed to be hung. On my next cruise, I am going to be a bit more refined and put my things away and put my suitcase under my bed. Who said you can't find new things to do if all you do is cruise?

LOL...LSUcajunmom:) You made me giggle...I've only been on 2 cruises so far but each time I've put my clothes away in the drawers...Guess I make my self at "home" as quick as I can:D

Happy Cruisin'!

How funny! I always unpack everything and then stick the suitcases under the bed. I never thought of being refined, I thought of it being to lazy to drag the suitcase out from under the bed 10 times a day.:)

I always unpack - put a dryer sheet in each drawer (freshens it up and keeps little critters away) put the suitcases under the bed - again a dryer sheet goes in and I then use it for my dirty laundry. Take that suitcase home and right to laundry room. If if one only for a day or two it would be different but for 7 days I want it like home.:cool: :cool:

me 2:D i first unpack & get set for my week.... those luugage pads werent there when i cruised in 2000 but i think i found them in 2003 .......dryer sheets huh? i have to try that next time, good idea. i have always ended up with the last day at sea before heading home so i usually pack in the afternoon & im set to go...i usually carry my luggage in & out so waiting......

The shortest cruises we've ever taken are 3-nighters, and we still unpack our suitcases as soon as they are all at the cabin (on the 3-nighters, we just have carry-ons, so that is as soon as we can get into the cabin).

One of our favorite things about cruise vs. land vacations is that we unpack ONCE, stash the suitcases under the bed, and we are "home"....just "home" where someone else cooks the food, serves the food, washes the dishes, cleans my room and bathroom, makes my bed AND leaves me a mint on my pillow, and "home" that travels from one fabulous location to another!

One of my things is I must unpack and put everything away. This of course is only IF I do have that luggage before sail away. Just nice to start out with everything away..

My husband actually does this as soon as we get to our cabin. And he does it very quickly...I'm dragging my butt and he's running all over the cabin putting things away. I think he enjoys it. :)

I have a friend who has to pack all her stuff up every time she leaves her room, all though she is not checking out or leaving the ship! Packs

it all and then unpacks it when she returns to her room! Anybody else heard of this?

I have a friend who has to pack all her stuff up every time she leaves her room, all though she is not checking out or leaving the ship! Packs

it all and then unpacks it when she returns to her room! Anybody else heard of this?

I wonder if she ever relaxes on a cruise. Have you asked her why she does it?

I think they make medication for that :)

probably wouldn't mix well with DOD's, though

HELLO everyone.....

I never upack my suitcase.....

I hang up the clothes that are

on hangers...

I do put my shampoo, toothbrush. toothpaste

ECT:::::::in the bathroom.......

I am a SOLO CRUISER..

So I always get upper/lower cabins...

What I do,,I push the stool & chair together

and sit my suitcase on them.....

Sometimes my cabin may have two beds,

The upgrade fairy came my way......

So I'll put my suitcase on the

luggage mat on the extra bed....

How funny! I always unpack everything and then stick the suitcases under the bed. I never thought of being refined, I thought of it being to lazy to drag the suitcase out from under the bed 10 times a day.:)

I have never had to drag the suitcase out from under the bed because it has never made it under the bed. It is usually against the wall. But, this will all change in Feb. I am going to be a more organized passenger!!!!

Back to the original subject...We've been on 2 Carnival cruises (most recently 3 monts ago) and I have never seen one of those pads on our beds. We only stay in balcony cabins, is this something offered only in the suites? If not, I'll be sure to look for it next month.:D

Back to the original subject...We've been on 2 Carnival cruises (most recently 3 monts ago) and I have never seen one of those pads on our beds. We only stay in balcony cabins, is this something offered only in the suites? If not, I'll be sure to look for it next month.:D

I've never had a suite, OV or balcony and I've always had the "luggage cover"

It is very nicee that you only have to wait until next month to look for one. Enjoy your countdown and your cruise.

Archived