Tiputa Pass Drift Snorkel - Feedback Please.

Mause

I'm not fat - I'm fluffy!:D

I'm also on Weight Watchers - just joined last week, so I'm hoping to be down to a 12 by then...and the pigs will be circling around my head...and the devil will have called to say that Hell has frozen over. I'm going to give it a shot though!

I don't think you'll have a problem with fitting into stuff. Wet suits are a little like girdles - you just stuff it in there. You'll be amazed how slimming they are!

i love the term fluffy! i'm going to steal it. Good luck with WW.

heh ... 200 years ago an extra few pounds meant you were affluent! i guess i must be very rich!

Or "traditionally built" per Ma Ramotswe.

Try a dive skin. It stretches therefore is easier to get while a wetsuit doesn't.

The wet suit we are referring to is provided by the dive company, so there's not choice in what type we use, unless one wants to buy something on thier own.

I would love to take credit for the fluffy line, but it actually came from a Garfield cartoon a few decades ago!

This is another reason why the Polynesian culture is so attractive - they still worship the larger ladies - yea!!!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has anybody taken this excursion? I'll be in Rangiroa this fall and am thinking of taking this excursion. Have my own equipment and am taking swimming / snorkeling lessons. I should be an average swimmer when I get there. I have heard several negative reports about this excursion, which may be unfounded, such as;

Don't do this unless you are a strong swimmer.

Too deep to see a lot of fish. (Main reason I snorkel)

Strong currents can smack you into coral, etc.

I like to relax when I snorkel. Any input will be appreciated.

They had to cancel the Pass when we were there. The currents were VERY strong. Since you are taking swimming lessons, sounds like you may not have much experience.....I would stick to the Aquarium. The Pass is rough and tough even for advanced and moderate swimmers. If you like to relax, as you say, the Aquarium is for you.

The Coral Garden in Tahaa is beautiful.

Archived