royal family suite?

According to everyone I've talked to at Royal, the only suite for 6 is the RFS. There are also Family Oceanviews and Family Promenades on at least the Freedom class, and Voyager Class has FO, not sure about family Promenade. But travel agents like to put holds on them as soon as they come out, and so unless you luck onto a travel agent who has one, they can be near impossible to find and book. It has really put a crimp in our cruising (after a bad experience with connecting cabins, we won't be doing that again until the kids are much older).

Thanks we can't even get connecting OV's that will fit 6 of us, none available. Had to go with side by sides. My kids will be 8-14 (oldest will turn 15 on the ship) at the time we sail.

It's looking like DH and the 2 boys will be in one and I'll be in the other with the girls unless I can figure out how to get us all into a suite. But on the website it doesn't give a price for the RFS says you have to call for info.

Might be possible to get a suite with a connecting room. Need to go check on that. I don't like the idea of DH and I having to sleep in seperate rooms or the kids in a seperate cabin so I need to get something figured out.

Thanks we can't even get connecting OV's that will fit 6 of us, none available. Had to go with side by sides. My kids will be 8-14 (oldest will turn 15 on the ship) at the time we sail.

It's looking like DH and the 2 boys will be in one and I'll be in the other with the girls unless I can figure out how to get us all into a suite. But on the website it doesn't give a price for the RFS says you have to call for info.

Might be possible to get a suite with a connecting room. Need to go check on that. I don't like the idea of DH and I having to sleep in seperate rooms or the kids in a seperate cabin so I need to get something figured out.

Go ahead and call to get the price! I was comparing 2 D1s on the Liberty to the RFS on the Mariner (no balcony rooms were available AT ALL!) and it wasn't that much more. Depending on which ship and itinerary - it might be not be that bad.

Now of course, I believe all the cabins on the Liberty are more than similar cabins on Mariner so I know it wasn't a direct comparison of 2 D1s to the RFS - but you might be pleasantly suprised!

On our next Sov, they will not put 5 in a room unless it is the RS, so a friend of mine is staying in a JS with my daughter (I also booked my son in this room) and Mark and I are staying in a GS with both boys, they told me there was room but they could not "book" it. I've considered buying the cheapest interior room and just putting us all together before, its iffee, I've been told that someone could complain about sharing rooms but if you are really stuck try it.

I have stayed in RFS on the Adventurer last year. We were only four people. It would have been cheaper for two balcony cabins; however the size of the RFS is actually equal to the size of three balcony cabins.

I think this suite will comfortably fit 6 people. There were two TV's in our cabin - one bathroom and one bedroom was small; however the aft was wonderful as was the large balcony and great living room.

This will be on the Monarch. The only balconies I see are the suites, I don't see any regular balconies. It's an older ship so maybe they don't have any. I'm going to call and get a price and see if it's booked already.

I considered booking DH and a kid or two in a big suite and the rest of us in cheap room then sharing the suite but wasn't sure if we'd get busted or not. LOL

Ok I called and had it almost all ready to go. Then then she comes back to tell me that the family suite only sleeps 5 :(

Booking 4 in it and 2 in the JS next door jumps our cost another $2,000 above what i would have been paying to book all of us into the RFS. That's out of our price range Grrrrrr

So now I'm waiting to see if SDS who booked an OV with his girlfriend would like to upgrade to our neighboring JS and I'll pay the difference, should be about $1,000 and one DS can be booked in with him.

Or maybe I'll just book DH and 1 DS in a cheap interior and break the rules and let them stay with us.

Such a mess.

We had the RFS on Liberty a few weeks ago and there were 3 TVs - one in each bedroom and one in the living room. The DVD player was only connected to the one in the living room. Enjoy!

Hi there kelly we have the RFS on Freedom may i ask you we have 6 adults in our room will this be ok, or will it be tight. me and DH are in the master, 3 are in the other room My dad on the couch.Is the bathroom inside or outside the small room. i hope it works out.:confused: we also have my aunt & uncle connecting to us.

Hi there kelly we have the RFS on Freedom may i ask you we have 6 adults in our room will this be ok, or will it be tight. me and DH are in the master, 3 are in the other room My dad on the couch.Is the bathroom inside or outside the small room. i hope it works out.:confused: we also have my aunt & uncle connecting to us.

We had 4 in the room, my husband and our 2 small kids. Personally I would think 6 adults would be tight, but the balcony is large enough to go to for space so you aren't tripping on each other when others are showering/getting ready. The second bathroom was in the second bedroom and is the size of the bathrooms in regular cabins. Hope this helps.

This will be on the Monarch. The only balconies I see are the suites, I don't see any regular balconies. It's an older ship so maybe they don't have any. I'm going to call and get a price and see if it's booked already.

I considered booking DH and a kid or two in a big suite and the rest of us in cheap room then sharing the suite but wasn't sure if we'd get busted or not. LOL

What is there to get busted for? You paid for the cabins. It doesn't matter who sleeps where.

What is there to get busted for? You paid for the cabins. It doesn't matter who sleeps where.

I saw mentioned in a post on here about them not letting you share rooms. Don't know if it was accurate or not but it sounded like they wouldn't allow it if they found out.

I did ask the vacation planner and she said well I can't tell you to do that. I said I don't want any trouble (like trying to charge me more etc) and she joked about the cruise police and laughed. So I assume it happens but they don't recommend it.

I know I'm probably just paranoid but it seems like they would have to have something in place to keep people from booking 2 people into a nice big suite and then moving the whole family in that only paid cheap inside rates.

I saw mentioned in a post on here about them not letting you share rooms. Don't know if it was accurate or not but it sounded like they wouldn't allow it if they found out.

I did ask the vacation planner and she said well I can't tell you to do that. I said I don't want any trouble (like trying to charge me more etc) and she joked about the cruise police and laughed. So I assume it happens but they don't recommend it.

I know I'm probably just paranoid but it seems like they would have to have something in place to keep people from booking 2 people into a nice big suite and then moving the whole family in that only paid cheap inside rates.

The third and fourth passenger rates are usually the same no matter what cabin category they are booked into. The first and second passengers are the only ones that pay more.

There are no room police. I'm sure cabin sharing goes on a lot -- for various reasons.:D

Once you've paid for the cabins, you can sleep wherever you want, being considerate to not make extra work for the cabin stewards.

Archived