Current Fish Count Reports? Ketchikan & Skagway

cascole

Does anyone know where to find current fish count reports for Ketchikan & Skagway? When I google it, I can only find 2007 reports, not daily or weekly. (I know here at home the charter companies post these daily...)

Thanks!

Thanks! Looks like my boys will be among the first for 2008 Salmon in Skagway... just wish Ketchikan was updated. We'll certainly report back on our count when we return! I hope others here will as well!

We just returned from Alaska on the Pearl and also booked with Fat Salmon while in Skagway (5/21) We did the private charter from 0730-1130 but, unfortunately, we ended up getting skunked with not a single nibble. Captain Joe felt the falling tide and barometer was going to make fishing challenging and of the 3 other charters that left with us, only 1 fish (18lb King) was landed the whole morning. Regardless of our fishing luck, I enjoyed Fat Salmon Charter and would surely book them again. While we fished, Capt. Joe gave a mini wildlife tour and pointed out glaciers, historical sites and many quirky "did you know?" facts:D Hopefully the Kings are running strong when you guys get there, good luck!

• 1 month later...

king harvest is slow/low this year. tiny town has the last southeast state run king hatchery and the slough (intertidal/freshwater) was closed last night at midnight until they reach their escapement (necessary brood stock; milt plus eggs). saltwater is still open.

http://kfsk.org/modules/local_news/index.php?op=sideBlock&syndicated=true&ID=172

Archived