Celebrity 07/16/08 Baltic 12 day cruise

Hi We are 2 adults and 2 children (ages 15 and 13) We are going on the Celebrity Baltic 12 day cruise July 16th. We would appreciate an info on "Must do's". Keeping in mind that we want to keep the kids Happy, but also see the country to the best of our ability. How long is the trip to Berlin from the port- I heard it was 2 hours. In addition, we have been advised to use Denru or Red October in Russia. Has anybody used either of their 2 day package tours? If so, was it very crowded. Did they handle your visa for you? Was there any problems at the port with them meeting you. Is it much better to take a private tour with one of their companies. If you used them privately what was your tour itinerary. Many Thanks:)

How long is the trip to Berlin from the port- I heard it was 2 hours.

Depends to your budget.

2 hours you should have a helicopter.

Car realistic: 2 1/2 - 3 hour depend to the traffic

Train realistic: 3 - 3 1/2 hour

For one way!

Regards,

HeinBloed

I heard there was a fast train from Hamburg, but it seems that from what you said it is better in a car. We have driven all over Europe is that a good idea, or is the parking in Berlin a problem like any big sity. Otherwise is there a travel company that you can suggest to pick us up at the port? Many Thanks !

In addition, we have been advised to use Denru or Red October in Russia. Has anybody used either of their 2 day package tours? If so, was it very crowded. Did they handle your visa for you? Was there any problems at the port with them meeting you. Is it much better to take a private tour with one of their companies. If you used them privately what was your tour itinerary. Many Thanks:)

First off, let me say that the topic of private tours in St. Petersburg has been very widely discussed here and you should take the time to read what has already been posted since not only have your questions have been addressed but also because many of the people who have posted are no longer following this forum.

Red October and Denrus are not the only companies doing private tours and everybody has their own recommendations for which company to use. Personally, we used Alla Tours and were very, very pleased. She is extremely reliable and as a one 'man' company, you deal directly with the boss. I know that should we ever return to St. Petersburg, we will tour with her company again. For sample itineraries and more information about visas and what is included in her tour packages, go to Alla's website: http://www.alla-tour.com/?module=articles&id=5

BTW, Alla no longer guides tours; all of her time is taken up with administrative matters and making sure that all is going well with each of the groups she has on the street on a given day.The guides that work with her are knowledgeable and quite experienced.

There was no problem meeting Alla on the dock; she was waiting along with the guides for all of her groups that were going out that day. If you wish to tour with a small group but don't know anyone else, Alla will help you arrange a group.

I heard there was a fast train from Hamburg, but it seems that from what you said it is better in a car. We have driven all over Europe is that a good idea, or is the parking in Berlin a problem like any big sity. Otherwise is there a travel company that you can suggest to pick us up at the port? Many Thanks !

I am confused:

Which ship are you on and which port are you calling???

You have mentioned only the company but not the ship and I thought that you are calling Warnemünde.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived