How safe is TransLink?

Anyone taken Translink from YVR to Ballantyne Pier? We just noticed that it is $2.50 each way per person. Gas prices are killing us and we are looking at ways to cut back but want to make sure this is safe before we attempt it.

Anyone taken Translink from YVR to Ballantyne Pier? We just noticed that it is $2.50 each way per person. Gas prices are killing us and we are looking at ways to cut back but want to make sure this is safe before we attempt it.

You will be doing it by bus and it is very safe, however you really can't get to Ballantyne by transit and the walk from the closest bus stop does have you walking thru a very seedy and industrial part of town and not a recommended route. Your best bet would be to come into say the Seabus station or a downtown hotel and take a cab from there, your fare will be about $12/15. During the week I believe your transit fare will be $3.75 pp.

Translink is very safe, I ride it every day to work. While I applaud your efforts, it's one of the few places that really is a pain to get to by bus/skytrain as the road along the docks only crosses the railway tracks in a couple of places, which makes it awkward to get to Ballantyne. http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/maps/mapPortVan.pdf

If you're arriving day of, you could ride the YVR Airporter bus into downtown (or Translink) and take a cab from there, which would only be $10-15. Also, the Translink fare is $3.75/ea (weekdays) from YVR-downtown as it's two zones.

Translink is very safe, I ride it every day to work. While I applaud your efforts, it's one of the few places that really is a pain to get to by bus/skytrain as the road along the docks only crosses the railway tracks in a couple of places, which makes it awkward to get to Ballantyne. http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/maps/mapPortVan.pdf

If you're arriving day of, you could ride the YVR Airporter bus into downtown (or Translink) and take a cab from there, which would only be $10-15. Also, the Translink fare is $3.75/ea (weekdays) from YVR-downtown as it's two zones.

That might work. We will be flying in the day before the cruise but aren't sure if we are going to stay at an airport hotel or downtown closer to the pier. I noticed most downtown area hotels don't have airport shuttles.

Thank you both for the info.

Archived