4 X 4 tour

mrchips14

bills blasters; We booked the 4X4 tour with RCCL. We went with another couple that were at our dinner table. ( so it's not just me ).

This tour was the worst RCCL tour I have ever taken.

The readers digest version is:

1 there was a bus ride to get to the jeeps ( almost an hour each way )

2 The jeeps were all manual transmission.

3 The condition of the jeeps were terrible. ( the seat belt had a knot holding one side together.

4 No stops for photos of the countryside.

5 We stopped only at 2 places. A persons home that gave us some fruit and things, then sold items to us. Then a cigar store, watched a man make one cigar. Then about 45 minutes to shop.

6 They never asked us to fill out waivers or show our drivers license.

The 4 of us complained to the tour desk, filled out a form.

I have taken 4X4 on other islands and have always had a blast with them. But not this time.

Sorry if this spoils your plans, but I thought you should know.

It is good to know that RCCL really listens to their customers. I have booked many tours with them and have found most are very good and are what I expected.

Thanks for letting me know that they cancelled it.

Have a great cruise.

It looks like NCL also pays attention. I was looking to book this for our cruise in August on the Spirit. When I didn't see it as an option to pick for my day at Samana, I called the help line. The woman told me it had been cancelled but she didn't know why. We were looking forward to this tour but I'm glad it won't happen if it's no good and a rip off.

I went on this tour thru NCL, It was the best shore excursion I took.

We spent almost 5 hours on the tour and made many stops for photos. we also stopped at a beach and had drinks.We stopped at a waterfall that was gorgeous. We did not have to take a bus to the jeeps, it was about a block from the ship to get to the jeeps. They also asked to see our licenses. They were all stick shifts, but we knew that up front.

I guess the difference was RCL vs NCL. You would think it would be the same tour company, but I guess not. Seriously, this was one of my favorite excursions and the guides were the absolute best. I can not imagaine why they would have cancelled the NCL tour.

It sure looked like it would be a blast. If they left from someplace near the ship, it might not have been the same company. Like I said, she didn't have a reason so I only assumed it was because of some of the same things the OP and others complained about. Of course we all know what happens when we assume....!

Archived