Customs in Boston (port) after going to Canada?

AACJ

Does anyone know if we have to go thru the customs hassles when we port in Boston after going to two Canadien stops? Our final debarkation will be in Norfolk where we started our cruise, and I expect it there. I would think it would slow getting into town to see the sights.

What happened on a cruise where we went to St. Maarten and then St. Thomas before final debarkation in San Juan was that we went through the immigration passport parade in St. Thomas before anyone could get off, but the rest of the customs process, forms, etc. was reserved for San Juan.

Hopefully our fellow passengers will all be cooperative and show up and parade through so we can get off the ship and enjoy Boston.

I returned from the QM2 last week. We departed NYC, sailed to Halifax and then to Boston. We had to clear US Customs/Immig. before we could leave the ship for shore excursions, etc.

Back in NYC since we had cleared in Boston, we just had to show our passports and hand in the customs declaration form.

Were they looking for anything.....Cuban? I wonder where the nearest post office is from the port in Boston.
Certainly in Norfolk, they'll ask about anything Cuban. I think there's a post office in the airport which isn't far from the cruise terminal. It's not technically legal to send anything Cuban that way, either, but how often do they ask what you're mailing?

Well, as long as I can get them in the states, I think it should be okay to mail. Of course they won't have the packaging that comes with them...

The problem is getting them into the states.

Well, as long as I can get them in the states, I think it should be okay to mail. Of course they won't have the packaging that comes with them...

The problem is getting them into the states.

Never done this but read on one of these boards that if you don't need the original packaging or the bands, take some bands with you from state cigars and just put those on the ones your purchase. You can then just pack them in your suitcase....no questions asked.

Archived