Booked Wedding on Carib. Princess for May -- QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have dozens....for those who have married on Princess, the Carib. Princess in particular....where did you do ceremony? reception? how many people did you have? did you do appetizers or a luncheon?

We are getting married in FLL onboard before we sail. I want to "enhance" my flowers, cake, the music....did anyone else do this with TWE (Wedding Exp.)? Any problems I should be aware of at this point? Ways to handle my requests (ha! demands...kidding!) I am interested in any and all information on the following:

Location Tips/ideas
Dealing with TWE tips
WHO you dealt with/are dealing with at TWE
Costs/Upgrades
Procedural Issues (for past brides, I guess...like, did you do a first dance at the reception or was it pretty much just cake cutting? do you throw the bouquet?)
Timing? Getting onboard, getting hair done, getting to the wedding....does it work?
Transfers? Hotels? When did you have guests get into town?
Vows/Ceremony ideas?
Photographs...were you happy? What did you do/not do to make sure you were? Costs? Packages?
Also, I notice there are at least a couple past Princess, and Carib. Princess brides....can you PLEASE email me pictures/links? I really want to see all this so I know what I'm getting into. :-) I am SO Excited, but the planning is a bit daunting.

Thank you in advance for ALL your help!!!!! We have about 15 sailing and unknown (25?) non-sailing guests at this point, but that number seems to increase daily. Who knew?!

Email pics to [email]lisaandmark77@cableone.net[/email]

I haven't had my wedding yet, we're getting married in Jan 05 on the Caribbean Princess. We have done almost all the planning though, and have visited the ship and I have lots of pictures. We're having our ceremony at sea on deck by one of the pools, we're having a brunch reception in Sabatini's (the pay restaraunt) and then we're having dancing and open bar in Skywalkers (because it's closed to the public until 8PM and has a view to die for). We have also upgraded our flowers and cake. We sent a picture of the cake we wanted to our coordinator at The wedding experience and got a quote back to recreate it exactly fairly quickly. We are pleased with the price and have heard from others that they do a great job on the cake. The floral arrangements (extra for the tables) they quoted us seemed high, but they've been pretty good in working with us for our special requests. We're having around 35 guests. We are working with Alba and she is very competent and we spent the entire day with her when we toured the ship. Though she's busy and hard to get a hold of sometimes she definitly knows what she's doing. We live here in South Florida, so we toured hotels and because all of our guests are sailing guests, we put them at a local hotel with shuttle service to/from the ft lauderdale airport and shuttle service to/from Port Everglades. I'll be happy to e mail you all the info I've got (pics of bouquet from TWE, seating chart for Sabatini's and the prices for everything we've requested so far). The pictures I have of the ship and possible ceremony and reception locations are large. They are 2 4MB files. Email me at [email]cepausm@bellsouth.net[/email] if you want me to send them, but make sure your e mail can handle those large files first. Like I said, I'm happy to share all the info I've got for the planning stages. There is someone on this board named Kelly who is a past Princess Bride and has sent me her pics. You can find her under my post "Any Princess Brides willing to share". Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
I sent my preliminary deposit in yesterday morning.
We are getting the cake we want for 410.00 plus gratuity, which is exciting.
Flowers are still undecided, but they have said they can do 10-12 tulips for me for 100.00 extra, estimated. I am thinking about doing a rose/tulip combo, b/c they advised that tulips don't hold up well as boutinneres and corsages, and I am a "matchy-matchy" kinda girl...so, I figure rose corsages are ok if we have roses and tulips in the bouquets.

Did you all do save the date cards? I know everyone's guest situation is different. We're going to send STD cards to most friends and family, and I'm guessing we'll get a few takers on the ceremony/reception if not the cruise. (We are getting more than I thought -- happily!) Did you do "cruise" themed invites, or stick with more traditional? We will probably do final invitations as well, in February/early March (with enough time to get that list in 45 days prior) just to make sure we've gotten everyone.

So far, we've been told that we are scheduled (tentatively -- no confirmation until 30 days prior) for the aft pool, and the reception at the Wheelhouse.

Another question -- probably been asked before, but....How dressy did you all go for the gown? For any attendants? (I will have 2 I think) I'm thinking calf-length springy-like dresses for them, and a train-less/veil-less ballgown type thing for me.

We are getting our cake for close to the same price and I thought, for what we're requesting, that was a fair deal. We are getting some "extras" for the flowers. They are giving is an "arrangement" for the bride and grooms table at the reception and are sprinkling rose petals on all the tables where we'll be eating for 15.00 a table, which I thought was a good price. I'm going to have them sprinkle the petals on the guest book and cake table too since it's so inexpensive.

The rose-tulip combo sounds gorgeous. I've sent pics to the wedding coordinator of what I want my bouquet to look like and I think that helps. Who are you working with at The Wedding Experience? When is your wedding?

We are getting married at the spa pool. We wanted the aft pool, but because it is an at sea day they are VERY reluctant to close off that are of the ship because it's prime real estate on a day at sea. I'm still debating if I want to broach this issue with them. Are they going to block off the area for you from the public?

We did "Save the Date" letters so we could include information about the cruise and our travel agent's contact info. We got really nice stationary, printed them on our computer with a picture of the two of us as a header and everyone thought we had them professionally done. We did message in a bottle invites (I can't tell you how much our guests LOVED these) from [url]www.southshoredesigns.com[/url]. They were a bit expensive and you can get them done elsewhere for less (we were 100% satisfied with south shore designs and would go back and change our to save the cash, but our party was small so it wasn't too bad). We're doing "cruise" themed favors too. Cruise shaped luggage tags. I love them and think they are perfect.

I went a bit dressy for the gown, but we're doing a classy cruise theme, not a beach cruise theme. We are going for simple elegance with a "titanic" type flare instead of the beach thing so I think my dress will be fitting. Mine is a paloma blanca gown. My girls are wearing After Six they actually picked the dresses. I made sure they went with cocktail or tea length, not full length because it is a morning-afternoon wedding and not totally formal. I would be glad to send you a pic of my dress and my bridesmaids dress. Just let me know if you want me to e mail it.

Hope this helps!! We're only down to 12 weeks, I can't believe it!!

• 1 month later...
I'd love to see pictures of dresses, etc.....!!!! Thank you! (ragen2@hotmail.com)

Had a little snafu with TWE -- they called me last week and left a VM asking if I still wanted to book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I sent my deposit a month ago) So I am freaking, and it is after hours.....in the end everything was okay I think. My contract didn't get to the right place, but they never released the hold and now I think things are okay.

I am working with Leidys. I have now also talked to Lisa due to the booking issue. But Leidys is the one who has done all the researching for me.

I've been working with Alba at TWE and I absolutely love her. She's done a great job for us.

You can see pics of my dress and other goodies at the following website:
[url]http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=kadiebug12[/url]

I have lots I need to add to this, like our favors and such. You might want to check it again in a couple of weeks or so, I'm going to redo the whole page after finals. Then, when we return at the end of January, I'll be uploading all the wedding pics too. :)

Because I'm getting married by the spa pool, my aisle will be a staircase. You can see it here: [url]http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=kadiebug12[/url]

I will be waiting in the spa area until we're ready, then I will come down the staircase and we will be married right in front of the buddha looking thing. The two pillars with flowers will be brought from the chapel (as long as it's not too windy) and we ordered two other arrangements (flat, rectangular) to sit on the front step there, to keep people from sitting there, so they're not right on top of us. Look at the pic and let me know if that makes any sense. :)

the spa area is at the other end of the pool correct? so you'll walk along the top (side of pool) before coming down the stairs that line the "seating" area? I am giving myself away, so to speak, and I have to do that part all by myself. I think the lack of a true "rehearsal" is making me a little nervous. My wedding is supposed to be at that pool too.

The spa area is actually right next to the pool. I will leave the spa area and climb a set of stairs, outside by the railing (people seated won't be able to see me) and that will bring me right by the top of the stairs where I'll enter. My understanding is that you do get a real rehearsal, once onboard you meet with your onboard coordinator the first day. At that time you schedule the rehearsal. I'm definitly having one, even if I have to coordinate it myself. :)

I should have tons of good info for you about having your wedding at this site when we get back. I am worried about two things having it there, 1. The weather, but I can't control that so I'm not stressing, 2. The basketball court is close by and I remember being able to hear them playing from that site. I think if I go up there in my dress and kindly ask them to take a quick break for their game for 15-20 minutes I would think they'll oblige. That's if anyone's up there at 1100 in the morning.

I should have tons of pics and insight to share in just over a month.

I would check too to make sure about hair and makeup. I was told there is no one onboard Caribbean Princess to do makeup.......you're on your own for that. And for most cruiselines, they won't do hair for you when you are getting married on embarkation day, you usually have to have that done before arriving at the ship! I'd check on those things...........don't want you to be disappointed.

Hmmm....Not worried about the makeup. Would probably do that myself, but I think I was told they would do the hair -- in fact I think I read they would take you directly to the salon once you board and they take the groom to the room to get ready (along with any female attendants who want hair done) but I will check it out I suppose!

• 3 months later...
Diving Bride-

Am I the January bride you were asking about? I was able to click on the Knot link and it worked for me, maybe you could try it again, everything should still be there (though it's large and takes a minute to load).

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have! You can also e mail me directly at [email]kadiebug12@hotmail.com[/email].

Thanks & Good Luck
Kadie

Archived