FREAKING OUT passport question!!

I have a 3 year old daughter and we were looking at her passport last night and they put her gender as a male :eek: i sail the 21st of this month on my wedding cruise and i am wondering if she willl need it to sail? will her birth certificate be ok? when i check in online and it asks for the passport # should i put that one even with the mistake??

I have a 3 year old daughter and we were looking at her passport last night and they put her gender as a male :eek: i sail the 21st of this month on my wedding cruise and i am wondering if she willl need it to sail? will her birth certificate be ok? when i check in online and it asks for the passport # should i put that one even with the mistake??

If it is a cruise to the Caribbean, then the birth certificate, by itself, will be fine.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/ready_set_go/sea_travel/

I am curious as to how they could make an error that big. That passport control agent surely was doing something funny on the job when he or she was making your daughters passport. I would take it back and get them to correct it, but after your trip. If they made an error it is up to them to correct it and you shouldn't have to pay for it.

i spoke with them yesterday and no explanation as to how it was messed up but they DID say if i buy 2 new pics and overnight to them they wont charge me to reprocess and i can include a letter ASKING to be reimbursed for the overight and POSSIBLY pics lol.:rolleyes:

i spoke with them yesterday and no explanation as to how it was messed up but they DID say if i buy 2 new pics and overnight to them they wont charge me to reprocess and i can include a letter ASKING to be reimbursed for the overight and POSSIBLY pics lol.:rolleyes:

I'm sure it was human error and not done on purpose. Data entry is data entry. We all make typos now and then.

Nice to know they'll fix if for you...even get reimbursed for your added expenses. That's good customer service.

Archived