Drinks package

• 3 weeks later...

I've worked out that as long as we have 4 alcoholiday drinks a day (based on the cheapest alco drinks), and 3 softs drinks we will have broke even. And seeing as I lurve the cocktails and the hot chocolate with that yummy biscuit, I don't see it being an issue!...yey!

For information - we've just got back from the Celebration and the drinks have gone up a bit. Cocktails now £3.40 (spirits up a bit too) and capuccinos now £1.50 instead of £1.20. We still thought they were pretty reasonable though and bottles of wine were well priced compared with restaurants/hotels in the UK.

Still, they have to get their mark-up somewhere I suppose and given fuel increases etc. (we weren't charged a supplement) we felt we couldn't really complain.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We are going on the celebration on 30th jan ,we paid 169 each for ai which by what people are saying sounds a bit pricey (48 pounds daily for both) , but it will be around 3.40 pounds a drink that is about 7 drinks each in a day,now we are not alchoholics but we do like to celebrate on holiday,so i think we will just about manage this:D:cool:

Hi flemtagg:)

I'm in agreement with you. We've paid just under £300 each for 2 weeks in the Carribean for the AI package and that works out around £20 per day. If you consider all the soft drinks and coffees as well as alcoholic drinks you might consume in a day, I think it's good value. My other half drinks more than me in the evening, but I like a couple of cocktails during the day as well if we're on board. I like the AI because I don't like having to watch what I'm spending and there's also the fact that you don't get a big shock at the end of the holiday:eek:

Smiffy

Glad to see someone else thinks the drinks package is worth it. Welcome on board smiffy 1951 & flemtagg.

I have posted on the drinks package but thought I would add it here as well.

(1st post)

We went on the Celebration over Xmas & New Year on a "free upgrade" on the drinks package & did we go for it or what. There were 2 families including 3 teenagers & I reckon my mate & I alone had about £1300 -£1400 between us. So I think it is well worth it even if you have to pay for it.

(2nd post)

We have booked up for a Caribbean cruise on the Destiny for February 2010 and got a free upgrade for the drinks package, which I think Thomson's are now charging £329 for 14 nights at Xmas & New Year. I would still pay this amount as I don't want to start counting the pennies when I'm on holiday & the thought of having pre paid for drinks makes perfect sense to me. The kids can go off & drink what (soft drinks only Kid's!!) & when they like without coming back to ask us for a drink. It's so much more relaxing & Thomson is great at the friendly atmosphere they create on their ships, mainly due to the hard working staff throughout. Everyone is so friendly even the maintenance crew. I think us customers could learn a thing or two from the staff regarding manners etc. Wouldn't it be nice if the customers said hello to each other, rather than just the staff? I think I'm making it my New Years resolution to say hello to 20 different people on each day of the cruise next year & see if it catches on, you never know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello having just returned from Thomsons Celebration Cruise ,many have asked if all inclusive is worth the money it all depends on two things ,how much you drink and how much you paid for AI, i paid 169 for Ai for 1 week so you can double that for two people but sometimes you get AI free,(but you pay more for the cruise:))this might help you decide.

AI consists of premiun drinks,eg barcardi smirmoff ect,not on AI 2.85 with a dash of coke ect, if you want a can of coke with it free on AI 1.25 if not, draft beers are Stella lager and Boddingtons free on AI or 2.85,Glass of wine two or 3 types again free or 2.85, Sparkling wine again free or 3.25,there are also other drinks eg canned beers or things like smirmoff ice ,ect these have two prices an AI price and a normal price,they are clearly marked on thr bar price list,also cocktails free or 3.40,mocktails (non alcoholic) are free or 1.90,

Coffee is free anyway at the machines on the lido deck but if you are AI you can get coffees at any bar with waiter service and get different types eg cappichino, latte ect this would cost you 1.50 if not on AI and is much nicer to do, lastly just in case you fancy some nuts with you beer ect thinks like nuts ,prigles, tortilla chips from the bar are free on AI otherwise 1.00 Hope this helps some of you decide in my case i was quids in:D

Glad to see this detailed like this.

Flemtagg, was it possible to buy the drinks package whilst on board?

We do like a few drinks:D but as you, we have been quoted £169 each which at £48 a day seems a bit much. Especially due to our flight times won't arrive on board til mid afternoon and we will leave ship on final day around 9am so more than £48 per day.

Scarey I dont think you can buy the package on board, I believe it has to be purchased at time of booking, the thing to cosider is if there are two of you , two coffees each during the day 6.0 two lagers in the afternoon for you and two spirits and mixer for your wife, 12.00, maybe a cople of tangos coke ect while lying about if you have 2 each thats 5.00,also remember the AI is from 8 am till 2 in the morning,so we are at 23 pounds and thats just during the day, then there is the drink in the bar before dinner another 6 pounds ,and its only the start of the night,now i know everyone is different and you might not drink as much as this but 2 coffees two cokes and two alcoholic drinks during the day to me is not excessive after all you are on holiday,and you prob drink even more at night while the shows are on ect, so it does mount up and you wont have a big bill to pay at the end, this is based on the sort of thing we did and as i say everyone is different, but if you have paid up front as i said you just have what you want and sod the cost:D

hehehehehe:D I dont have a wife I have a hubbie!!:D:D

Yes, I understand totally where you are coming from. We do not drink cans of fizzy, I drinks loads of water instead. Think thats extra from what I have read. We are also wine drinkers so that ok. The odd cocktail and coffee again ok. Jack daniels, baileys and liquer coffee, not sure if they are included?? My hubbie tells me I drink too much (how ridiculous!):eek: but not sure if this package is viable for us, will post on my return! But many thanks for all your great info

Totally agree with you FLEMTAGG. We took the AI for our upcoming transatlantic trip in April .It did seem a lot a the time but when we considered we were going to be held captive :Don board for 7 full days of the cruise we didn't see how we could lose! And we're not alchohlics either (honest hic hic )

One of the side benefits to being on the A.I. package is being able to try different drinks without worrying that you wouldn't like it and would be wasting money. We all tried (and liked) Drambuie which we probably wouldn't have otherwise. We also worked our way down the extensive cocktail menu (and back again).

Carol x

One of the side benefits to being on the A.I. package is being able to try different drinks without worrying that you wouldn't like it and would be wasting money. We all tried (and liked) Drambuie which we probably wouldn't have otherwise. We also worked our way down the extensive cocktail menu (and back again).

Carol x

Didn't think about it that way trying different drinks and cocktails, what a great way of making the most of my AI :p....ohhhh 7 more sleeps!!!!!:D

There are 38 cocktails on the bar list so that is over 5 different ones per day :eek:

In my defence we were on a two week cruise with 7 sea days...icon12.gif but there's your mid-morning cocktail, then your mid-afternoon cocktail, then the one you take back to the cabin to enjoy while you dress for dinner, then your pre-dinner cocktail when you all meet up in the bar, then your show-time cocktail(s)...I know it's hard to fit them all in but it can be done!

Carol x

Archived