widow's that love to cruise

amlindmark

I have read about singles cruises, but I was just thinking there should be a widows cruise. This board has consumsed my life, I love to cruise, and so did my husband. I took my Children in March and now 6 of my friends in Oct. I was thinking of a singles cruise, when I thought there must be a few at least like me, that are still young and love to cruise and are a widow. Thank you all for getting me through another day.

Although my husband loved to travel, he preferred flying to islands for a few days or week, BUT would never take a cruise....so I've been cruising solo for quite awhile. I always meet nice folks at dinner, and we have great and lively conversations, but I enjoy the rest of the time doing whatever I want. Lots of peace and quiet for the most part, just enjoying the sea and sun.

Love to cruise and am a widow. Don't know if you would consider me young! (51). Have taken my children and their SO's who are now their DH and DW. Have scheduled a couple of cruises single but somehow someone has always been able to go with me. Have Hawaii booked as a single for next summer and so far no takers so will be my first time as a single!

Becky

This is a nice thread and interesting to read..... "Widows' Cruise" (LOL). Carnival would have to beat the men off with a stick. There would be thousands lined up to take any available cabin at any price. Might be a GOOD THING for everyone. Keep cruisin', ladies.

Lost my hubby 14 months ago. We had done 9 cruises over 34 years. Did another with DD this past spring but daughters are teachers and $$$ are very high when they can go. Would love to travel more but can not afford those dingbated single supplements.

I am a widow also, and love to cruise. I will keep checking and see what you have come up with! After my husband died, my friends put me by myself on a 5 day cruise out of Tampa, I stayed in my room and slept and walked the decks in the evening to mourn alone. I have taken my family since then, but I would like to try the single route again under different situation.

Susan

Wow....As a avid reader and poster on this board what a surprise to come cross this.....I have been a widow for 8 years now and I love to cruise (so do my sons, who are now 16 and 12). I have put together 2 cruises in the past for widows and widowers and family and friends....last year we had 28 people.......doing another in July. we are up to 33 people but this trip it is for all bereaved and family and friends..if you would like info, email me.Hmmmmmmm am I allow to say that?????

Archived