NCL Jewel Baltics - just returned

ehogan

We just returned from the NCL Jewel to the Baltics. I will post a detailed review a bit later in the review section - but here are the main points.

Generally, we were pleased with the cruise with the exception of the food in Tsar's restaurant which we found to be poor - so much so that after three tries we gave up and ate mainly in the pay restaurants (between 5:30 and 6:30 these were half price: Cagneys, Chin Chin, Le Bistro, Mama's). We didn't try Mama's but Cagneys and Bistro were excellent. Chin Chin was OK, but that may have just been the dish I chose.

Entertainment and service (except for Tsar's) were good. The ship was clean and most staff were agreeable even though they were under extra pressure since there was an outbreak of Noro on the ship so extra cleaning and food serving in the buffet were required.

Ports were wonderful - Warnemunde in Germany was the prettiest and most enjoyable for us - we just wandered around on our own - I couldn't imagine going into Berlin for $400 to spend just a few hours there. St. Petersburgh was astonishing.

We did ship tours in all ports except Stockholm and Helsinki which we just wandered on our own.

Generally speaking a good trip, even though we caught a very nasty cold bug on board. I do think, however that I will try another cruise line next time - mainly because of our disappointment with the food.

Thank you. I think that if people get a chance, this is a great cruise to take and it doesn't matter which cruiseline gets you there. I say go and enjoy stuff that wasn't available for us to enjoy 20 years ago.

Da Bear

Almost everyone I've talked to since we got back got the same cold. Both my wife and I were sick. Since I got a second flu shot before I went and got anti-biotics right away, my cold has cleared up. Can't say the same for the wife.

Da Bear

Archived