Long Bay Beach Summary of Visit

SpreeSpree

Hello! I'm new to this forum so please bear with me...I just returned from the Disney Cruise which visited Antigua this week on a special itinerary. We have 2 small children and chose to spend our day in port at Long Bay - it was about a 30 minute taxi ride. Our taxi was arranged through Michelle at www.qualityci.com - it was just perfect, thanks to great communication with Michelle about our needs (e.g. kids' carseats, type of beach/amenities, etc.). I was somewhat hesitant about just being "dropped off" by the driver but he showed up at the beach promptly at the time we requested to be picked up. Anyway, the beach was wonderful, fine grain white sand, shallow, calm - great for kids and not too crowded. We paid $25 for an umbrella and 2 loungers but it was worth it because it also gave you access to the bar/grill and restrooms. Snorkeling was great - very easy entry since it's really shallow - so perfect for a beginner. Overall, we enjoyed our day in Antigua - and one of the best beaches we have ever been to! Thanks for letting me post! I'd be happy to answer any questions about our visit!

SpreeSpree... What a wonderful review!!! Thank You!!

Long Bay Beach is our very favorite in Antigua!!! The sand really is as white as sugar and as soft as flour!!! Great for children and adults as well! (The bar area is quite nice... or just relax and be served on the beach.) It's hard to think of anything "not to like" about it!! :p

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Ditto on Long Beach - just to clarify - when we arrived by taxi we went to the right to find the nice lunch spot. We found that to the left there were hustlers trying to get you to buy things.

We will be returning to Antigua in Jan and the reason I checked this thread is because I am trying to decide whether to return to Long or try someplace else. We enjoyed the peace and quiet there and the easy access to food and restrooms.

I wonder if anyone who has been to Long Beach as well as other beaches might comment.

Nancy

while in Antigua I would get a taxi driver to take you up to Shirley Heights. This was where the British maintained a lookout position as you can see nearly all the way around the island. You'll see the most amazing view of the water below in about 8 different shades, depending on depth. It's just like something out of a Caribbean travel poster. Well worth the trip in my opinion.

We're trying to decide on Long Bay vs. Pineapple Resort which is $45.00pp and $12.00pp round trip for a taxi. Pineapple is all inclusive absent beach towels.:mad:

Is there an entry charge to get onto Long Bay? Know it is not an all-inclusive so drinks, food, fun things to do would all be added costs. Thanks for any info.

Tweek

Tweek, we are sailing on the Maasdam in Nov. We are trying to decide on the Sandals vs Pineapple. The ship gives towels out when you leave the ship, so the resort not having towels isn't the problem. I am looking for a nice beach, few vendors trying to sell things when trying to relax and getting a snorkel trip. You can email at slineberry528@aol.com if you some up with some information.

Thanks, Susan

We were at long bay last year and are going back to antigua again this year on the dawn. we are having a hard time deciding which beach to go to. long bay was beautiful but we would like to see a different beach this time around. any ideas?? please help. we have 3 1/2 year old with us.

The below info. is what I've put together for our 2/12/05 sailing on board the Serenade.

Pineapple Resort – Allegro

It is $45 per person, good from 9:00am to 6:00pm , includes lunch, snacks, all drinks, even breakfast if you get sick of Horizon Court. It includes use of pool, beach chairs, ubrellas, but strangely, NOT TOWELS. You have to bring your own towel.

The cab trip is 30- drive. It was wonderful and they had watersports incl in the day price, snorkle equip, hoby cat sail boats, kayaks, floating beach mats. Get there early so you can enjoy the whole day there. Clean beautiful restrooms also that you can change in if you want. The cost for a cab is US $22.00 for 1-4 persons from Hertiage Quay where the ship docks to Pineapple Beach Resort. There are 2 pools, one rather sparse, but no one was in it. The water was calm and warm, the beach beautiful soft sand.

We'll be spending the day at Pineapple the first week in November. I'll be sure to revisit this thread and let you know if all the great things we've heard are true. There seemed to be so many positive comments that I'm eagerly awaiting a nice relaxing day.

• 2 weeks later...

We are planning on visiting the Grand Pineapple also in November. I feel the price of $45 is very good for all it includes. They told me they wouldn't charge for our son (he's five).

I just wanted a really nice beautiful beach to relax on for the day.

• 7 months later...

Pam ... This is the thread I want you to read because it has comments on both Long Bay Beach and Pineapple.

We do love Long Bay Beach! Got a call last week from a business friend who was telling us that he was there last week and missed us at our "favorite beach" .... :rolleyes:

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Does Long Bay have chairs, umbrellas, restrooms, and watersports? Are there a lot of locals selling things on the beach there? We find that annoying after about 30 min! Last time we went to Antigua we went to Turner Beach and it was beautiful but we'd like to try someplace new.

Archived