Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn San Pedro pre-cruise?

vossjemi

I booked this hotel the night before our 8/3/08 Magic cruise. It was considerably cheaper than the crowne plaza and the doubletree, but 2 posters on the disboards have now informed me of their terrible stays in 05. I'm hoping its better now and was wondering if any recent Mexican Riveria cruisers stayed there. Tripadvisor recent reviews are pretty good.

I've never stayed there since I am an LA-native. But I'll be honest that you might want to stay in an area other than San Pedro which is very commercial (besides the cruise ships that dock there San Pedro is primarily a shipping port). It's not really a good place to walk around in the evenings. If you're okay with staying about 15-20 minutes away, Long Beach or Redondo Beach has more options for dining and is definitely a lot more family-friendly.

However, if you do stay in San Pedro you should check out the Fisherman's Warf area the day before (if you have time during the day). You can pick out fresh fish or shrimp from the fish shop and then bring it over to the "dining area" (aka picnic tables) and someone will cook it for you. Some of the best shrimp fajitas you will ever have.

Thanks for the suggestion. If we had more time, I'd probably consider staying somehwere other than San Pedro. However, we don't land until 4:30pm, so I'm sure we won't get to the hotel until at least 6:30. All we need then is a meal, a place to buy some water/soda, and a bed. As soon as we get up, we plan to use the free shuttle to the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
I booked this hotel the night before our 8/3/08 Magic cruise. It was considerably cheaper than the crowne plaza and the doubletree, but 2 posters on the disboards have now informed me of their terrible stays in 05. I'm hoping its better now and was wondering if any recent Mexican Riveria cruisers stayed there. Tripadvisor recent reviews are pretty good.

We are booked for that hotel for our cruise also. We will arrive there July 19th after 3pm. We just need it for the night so do not plan to walk around much exect to buy some water and sodas for the cruise. Send me your e-mail and I will let you know how our night was. My e-mail is

uranynora@aol.com.

Nora;)

Archived