Menu questions of the four day Monarch

Hello, My dd and I are sailing on the Monarch July 28, for four days. Is there a lobster night? Are there items available anytime..like steak, chicken and salmon? Can my dd get french fries with her dinner? I have not sailed with this company before. I am used to Carnival and Princess..Thanks!

Hello, My dd and I are sailing on the Monarch July 28, for four days. Is there a lobster night? Are there items available anytime..like steak, chicken and salmon? Can my dd get french fries with her dinner? I have not sailed with this company before. I am used to Carnival and Princess..Thanks!

No lobster in Dec. French fries every night, no problem. If the food you want is on the ship they will get it. If you are a meat lover like me, you will not be very happy ordering the steak that is on the alternative menu-JMO.

As I recall - on the 3 day menu they did have a fish selection as an alternative and I believe it was salmon so IMO it should carry over to the 4 day. There is lobster but it is served in a seafood plate along with shrimp. My DH and I were able to get 2 extra tails each when we asked. Hope that helps. Letty

As I recall - on the 3 day menu they did have a fish selection as an alternative and I believe it was salmon so IMO it should carry over to the 4 day. There is lobster but it is served in a seafood plate along with shrimp. My DH and I were able to get 2 extra tails each when we asked. Hope that helps. Letty

It is Salmon on the menu for the fish selection every night. But I've never had Lobster on Monarch? We will be doing the 4 day again this month, so I will check it out. Also there is always french fries in the Windjammer too.

On Italian night you can get grilled prawns, and on formal night there's sea bass, which I thought was terrific (I think that's a new menu item on Monarch, but we've had it on other RCI ships). On the last night there's a tempura-battered mahi-mahi which has good flavor but not much crunch. Salmon is always available. No lobster, though.

Just off the Monarch 4-day this past friday. As already confirmed by others, no lobster was offered on any of the four nights (unless you count the bisque appetizer;) ). There was garlic tiger shrimp as a entree selection...on the first night, I think. The scallop risotto starter was quite tasty as well, with scallops perfectly cooked--rare for that to be the case even in some land-based restaurants. I believe the alternative options each evening included a steak, chicken, and salmon choice. Have to add that the food was MUCH better (especially the desserts!) on this sailing than when my DH and I were on this ship for same itinerary last spring...perhaps a new chef onboard? Have a great time :)

It is Salmon on the menu for the fish selection every night. But I've never had Lobster on Monarch? We will be doing the 4 day again this month, so I will check it out. Also there is always french fries in the Windjammer too.

The Windjammer has the BEST french fries :)

###

Just got off the Monarch May 22nd... yes there is Salmon. It's one of my favorite foods BUT it was a little dry on the night I ordered it... have never had dry salmon on a ship so I'm sure it was just a fluke. lol. The FF are AWESOME!!! I would never order them because I normally don't eat fries, but my kids did and they came on a huge dinner plate filled... very good! No lobster :( They did have prawns the first night and my 9 year old had them and loved them.... I did not see the selection that you could chose from everynight like they used to have. The menu was completely redone and the choices were fewer. The starters / soups / and salads were all together and then main dishes... it was very different than what I am used to on cruises, but there were great choices every night. I just ordered several things off of the starter/soup/salad section - lol. I know you CAN get just about anything you ask for if it's on the menu any night, but I didn't have to ask. :)

Thanks again I am sure it will be lovely. My dd is not a really picky eater, she is almost 16 ...but she likes "fries with that" she tries different soups and starters...but not really a sea food buff...so steak will do on those nights...she does like prawns! Now I am hungry...lol...lpt

Thanks Jen..we have an ocean view on deck five...now I know what the room looks like...wow..tiny! Especially with a 16 year old and all her stuff thrown everywhere..She is going to have to be organized. She is used to a Mini suite on Princess...lol

Thanks Jen..we have an ocean view on deck five...now I know what the room looks like...wow..tiny! Especially with a 16 year old and all her stuff thrown everywhere..She is going to have to be organized. She is used to a Mini suite on Princess...lol

Yes, the cabins are tiny, don't over pack! The closet is a pretty good size though, so if you can un pack everything and then slide the suitcases under the bed, you will be in good shape!

The cabins ARE tiny... I've been on 6 cruises and this ship was BY FAR the tiniest for cabin size... 122 sq ft for the regular ocean view. The closet does have some shelves and ample hanging space. The one thing it's lacking is a medicine cabinet in the bathroom - carnival ships have those and I love them.

Well it looks like we will have some real bonding time...She asked/ me if we could take her older sister..or a friend? I said heck no did you see the size of this cabin? I got a good deal on it. I can take her sister to Vegas at the end of the year..and that ends up costing me way more..lol

Archived