Great to use on a balcony

hithere

My husband and I once had a "GS" suite (thanks pier upgrade!) and we loved the table on the balcony which enable us to eat a comfortable breakfast or lunch out there. It was heaven.

We really miss this table in our "regular" balcony cabin. It isn't as much fun (or as romantic) trying to enjoy a meal while balancing plates on your lap.

Well, I've found a solution and I'm going to share it with you. I know some of you are going to get sarcastic about bringing "furniture" but this is easy to carry and will allow us to do what we enjoyed most about having that GS suite. I almost hated to share it for the jabs I will get but I think this might be useful to some others who love to eat outside in the morning.

41197.jpg

This "roll up table" is made of wooden slats covered with vinyl. Opens to 32 in. square, 28 in. high. Rolls up to just 32 in. x 6 in and weighs in at just eleven pounds.

I ordered one and it sets up in just a minute. When it is not needed it can be rolled back up and tucked under the bed. I know on my next Mariner cruise it will give us back the luxury of balcony dining and I can't wait to use it.

Do a google search for Roll-A-Table to order one. Ours was about $40.00 with shipping.

This is great -- thanks for the information. I'm always looking for useful (shrunk) versions of something I would like to take. This table doesn't looking any bigger than our telescope ("holder thingie") for our camera. :rolleyes: Yes, we lug that with us. I wanted to have some lights for our GS balcony FOR the table provided. I was convinced that there should be small (battery operated) candle lights -- finally found some. However, I will leave the blender, coffee pot (took one once) and stuff at home :eek:

Well, this is a lot more positive then I thought it would be. Whew. That makes me feel better. I thought for certain I would get my rear kicked. Thanks for not doing that.

We saw one of these tables when we were rv'ing so I knew that they worked. It is really an amazing idea and so easy to set up. The fact that it is only six inches around when you roll it up makes it compact so storage is never a problem.

I've used mine already at the beach. It is really sturdy when put together. Just like a card table. The legs and the two side braces store in that side pocket. Once the table is set up you can use the pocket to hold napkins, forks, spoons, salt/pepper etc.

Never heard of this before, but am definitely ordering one. Just checked them out at various sites.

Had a huge suite back in May on the Zuiderdam (found a terrific Internet rate) and balcony had two loungers, two chairs and a FULL size round table. Was wonderful. Had room service deliver breakfast and ate out there every morning. In the past I've always just had the small cocktail size table on the balcony.

Upcoming cruise on the Jewel in January I'm booked into the corner aft cabin and I see they have two loungers, two chairs and the SMALL table. Your idea will be perfect. Can't wait to get the table and since I live here in South Florida I'll just carry it on.

Thanks so much for bringing this up!

Just back from the Serenade and were pleasantly surprised to have a large square table in our JS. Unfortunately, our first room service breakfast arrived 45 minutes after original delivery time (and just 5 minutes before we were to be in the theater for an excursion). Our second room service order arrive on time, but it was cold, missing some items and not good. We were terribly disappointed as room service breakfast was a nice tradition for us.:(

Great niffty table though.

This looks great. Just wouldn't work for us since we have to fly to the port and already have too much other stuff (clothes & golf clubs). Thanks for putting out the idea here though. I believe that is what this "board" is all about....sharing ideas. Some may find the ideas useful and some not. But if we don't share our wonderful ideas what good is it to have them. lol

Well... since you asked. There is such a thing. We bought one of those chairs in a bag from Bed Bath and Beyond on sale for just $9.99. What was unusual about this one was that it had a footstool attached to it so it was like carrying a lounge chair in a bag. I searched the internet and came up with this photo:

comfortstore_1813_6939923

You control the height of the footstool and how close it is to the chair by straps that run between the chair and the stool. I love it.. very comfortable.

This is what it looks like without someone sitting in it:

B00004TBL5.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

It folds up quickly just like any other bag chair and goes slips into it's bag with a carrying strap.

• 2 months later...

Gail, thanks for the info on this. Just got back from the Jewel (with the table in hand) and it worked out splendidly. Set it up (cabin 9256 corner aft) when we got on and it stayed there all week. Allowed us to have wonderful room service breakfasts out there EVERY morning. What a great invention. Thanks so much for posting about this. As a note, even with a regular sized balcony (9256 is larger) I'm sure this table would work. From now on it will always be sailing with me if there's no full size table out on the verandah provided by the ship. Thanks!

We used ours on a regular balcony in December. I was soooooo happy I had it. I thought about you and wondered if it worked out for you and I'm glad to see it did.

Nothing as nice as breakfast delivered to your room and watching the sea go by. So much nicer than the windjammer or the dining room. I love outside dining and listening and the waves.

We booked a Balcony room, look at their printed catalog. suites and balconies shows them with a table.

Website doesn't really show you much, plus their site isn't all that great.

I've yet to get my cruise documents and we cruise 2/5/05!!!!

So I a 1st time cruiser would have gone thinking there was a table on the balcony from what I saw in the catalog.

You'd think they could do a better job on the advertising, marketing and PR with better materials and website.

With that being said...............THANKS for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just received our table and were going to order the additional carrying case for it (especially needed, we thought for the airplane flight)..then it occurred to me...for those of you who have the folding chairs that come in the carrying bags (we use ours for soccer games) these bags fit the folding table perfectly! Just take out one of your chairs and you can put the table inside it for traveling!!

• 2 weeks later...

I nominate gail & hithere for official personal cruise critic shoppers....

great stuff.....i of course would rather not lug all that stuff with me...i will use the little tiny table out there.....i need room for all the stuff i acquire! (mostly, uh, adult beverage supplies...)

thanks for the info though......and for taking the time to share!!!!

Or else, if you don't want to carry a table with you, you can move the glass coffee table that is inside the cabin onto the balcony. It is large enough for the coffee tray or for cups and plates, and by putting it out on the balcony you free up a little more space inside the cabin.

Has anyone found the table at a local store? Or do you have to order from the internet? Also - we have a regular size balcony will this fit? We plan on ordering breakfast every morning and thought that the table outside would be enough. From what I am reading it will not be. This is our first balcony and appreciate all the tips that will make it enjoyable.

I ordered mine from the internet (for convenience), but you may want to try to look at some camping stores (ie., Gander Mountain, etc.). We also will have a regular sized balcony and plan to use it. Someone in the past posted some pictures of them using this table on their balcony...they also had a regular balcony and it looked to fit perfectly!

• 2 weeks later...

It was ME. I used it for the first time on our cruise on Mariner in December. It fit without a problem. Wasn't even tight. Here are the photos that I posted from Mariner when I was onboard.

breakfast.jpg

table.jpg

As you can see there was PLENTY of room. The difference in using this table and using the coffee table is that it is regular table size. Much more comfortable for breakfast on the balcony.

We even used it in my Father's suite when we ordered dinner in on one of the formal nights.

gail

Archived