Alaskan Brewing Company

england1

We were in Juneau last week and did visit the brewery. They are very generous with their samples but the tour was mostly about their history. We did not go through the brewery. Nice folks and great beer!:D

I just got back from the Star Princess and we did the Bike and Brew, (~$100 each). If possible, this would be the way to go. We biked to the Mendenhall Glacier and then took the van to the brewery. The people at the brewery couldn't have been nicer and the beer was great! I recommend the Amber. You can also buy the beer on the boat.

I posted this in a different thread above but thought I'd throw it in here too.

I did the Glacier Gardens and Brewery tour excursion last week. I was a bit disappointed in the Brewery tour. We were only there about 45 minutes. Basically you dont really tour the brewery, you go into a side room and a guy by the name of Tony (who is a great guy by the way) gives about a 15 minute lecture on the history of the brewery and so forth, that's pretty much the extent of the "tour." You get your 4-5 small glasses of the different kinds of Alaskan Brewery beer and then you're on your way out. They do have a gift shop where we bought a few shirts. Maybe it was just our tour.....I guess I expected a little more.

Our local supermarket stocks Alaskan Brewing beers. I bought a 6-pack last weekend. Now I won't have to spend time to take the tour in Juneau, and the artwork on the carton gets me excited about the trip whenever I open the fridge! All that for $7.49 :)

• 3 years later...

I used the bus and I believe that you can get it near the dock.. BUt we walked the town a bit and then got on from a bus loop stop down there.(not far) Easy to find.

Drivers all friendly and helpful just tell then that you would like to go to the Brewery and they will let you off at the right stop.

Its a two block walk to the building from the drop off unless they have changed the route to make it closer. When you get on go the same way as you were going and make the loop around the rest of the valley.

There will be a bus change before or after the brewery I can't remember which, but they will guide you regardless.

Archived