Ages of children in the spa??

MTcruiser

Ok, I know this has been discussed before. But i cant find it on here. Maybe i dont know how to use the search feature, who knows.

Ok, so how young is too young to take a kid into the spa area to use the showers and stuff?

On the ships I have been on the spa is usually reserved for adults (18 and over). Perhaps they would make an exception for an older teen, but in most instances the spa area on ships is off-limits for children.

Just thinking out loud here :o - I know I've read about people (usually that have a "full" cabin) using the shower at the gym, wonder if that is what OP is asking about. Do most ships have showers in the gym that aren't part of the spa, that kids could use?

We're traveling for our wedding to Alaska, on Princess. My daughter, age 9 is my Maid of Honor and I'd love to have her come with me for a pedicure and get her hair done. They won't allow me to make a reservation for her but does anyone know if they'll likely allow it once we are onboard? I'm going to try to get my onboard wedding coordinator to make it happen also.

Just thinking out loud here :o - I know I've read about people (usually that have a "full" cabin) using the shower at the gym, wonder if that is what OP is asking about. Do most ships have showers in the gym that aren't part of the spa, that kids could use?

None of the ships that we've been on have had showers in the gym. They are in the spa and for adults only.

We're traveling for our wedding to Alaska, on Princess. My daughter, age 9 is my Maid of Honor and I'd love to have her come with me for a pedicure and get her hair done. They won't allow me to make a reservation for her but does anyone know if they'll likely allow it once we are onboard? I'm going to try to get my onboard wedding coordinator to make it happen also.

Most ships have a salon as part of the spa. Maybe if you talk with the manager when you are onboard they might make an exception since it's a special day. I have to say that I have never seen children in the spa or salon, so I think they are pretty strict about it, but maybe you can get them to bend the rules since it's your wedding. If not, maybe one of your relatives traveling with you for the wedding could do it for her.

Absolutely. On our last cruise on the Golden Princess, a mother and her 3-1/2 year old had mani/pedis on one of the sea days. I plan to do the same with my twins on our next cruise.

Best,

Mia

Archived