Dpeeps - ring question for you

Your best prices will be in St. Martin. Look around at home before you go, so you have a good idea as to styles and pricing. You will find some good deals in St. Martin. What a cool way to get your wedding ring! If you do buy one in St. Martin, have your DH put it on your finger when you are on the beach and take photos! That will help capture the memory. Congratulations again!

Eric

We got my engagement ring at Diamonds International in St. Thomas and I LOVE it and our local jeweler said it's beautiful stone and we got it for a decent price. I still have yet to see the same ring on anyone elses finger. A friend of mine got hers at Crown Jewelers in St. Thomas and is very pleased with her purchase. If we didn't have luck in St. Thomas we probably would have bought it in St. Martin, but it just happened that I found the ring of my dreams in at our first stop!

When we first got on the ship, DH (well he was just BF at that point) approached the shopping experts on the ship and told them what we were looking for. The two of them were actually a newly engaged couple and gave us all sorts of advice and told us stories about another couple that hit up every port a few cruises before ours and finally found theirs on the last port. I think most popular islands in the Southern Caribbean have similar prices, however when I saw my ring at a DI store in Antigua the salesperson said she definitely couldn't sell my the same ring for the price that we paid in St. Thomas, so I think your best bet is either St. Thomas or St. Martin. Good luck!!!

Laura

Thanks for all the input - welcome to any and all suggestions. We are looking for a wedding band. Not sure if you guys read my earlier post - but i am using my mom's wedding band for the ceremony - but when i saw it the other day - i really didn't like it. I don't want to hurt her feelings - so i am going to use that for the ceremony and then buy a new one in the islands.

Kathy

Archived