Coffee maker's in room on Princess

amack281

I'm going on my first cruise in 2 weeks! We're on the Carribean Princess, and I read on this website that the coffee was bad in the restaurants. I wondered if there is a coffee maker in the room? We have a balcony stateroom. Does anyone know? I'm a coffee addict and would appreciate it!

Thanks!

No coffee makers in princess cabins, thats what roomservice is for. My wife is a starbucks nut, she feels it's not starbucks but it's not that bad. Cappucino & Espresso in Dining Rooms are excellent. Have fun.

Harvey

We always bring our own coffee maker onboard and our own coffee!!

Of course fresh coffee beans make the best coffee, and if you don't want to bring along a grinder you can get what I think is the best coffee pot made, the cuisinart "Grind and Brew" it does it all for you.

The Princess ship coffee is "yuck". So if you enjoy a nice fresh cup out on your balcony every morning this is the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish Princess would supply coffee makers in each cabin along with coffee grounds, surgar, and cream. This would make my day to get up every morning put on the coffee, and set out on my balcony with a cup of coffee!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Take a Melitta plastic cone and filters and coffee, then order up a pot of hotwater and and empty carafe. Make you r own drip without having to bring an electric coffee maker.

I love my simple Melita set-up for cruising or any travel. Haven't sailed Princess but in general I find cruise coffee rather poor. As a coffee perfectionist I sometimes bring a tiny electric hot pot that instantly boils 2 cups of water. This item takes up little luggage space and allows me the luxury of using bottled water instead of that stuff with the slight clorine taste. My other important item is my giant insulated coffee mug so I can have great coffee to take with me to other decks. BTW- noone else in my family can taste the dif, so you may find ship water just fine. For me a perfectly brewed cup and a sea breeze are cruiseship bliss.

Archived