Embarkation Time vs Departure Time

DaisyGirl55

Hope someone can answer these questions. We are sailing out of San Juan, and were wondering about a few things:

Since the ship doesn't sail until 10pm, what time can we board the ship?

Is dinner served the first night in the dining room, even though we have not sailed yet...or is the first night just buffet only?

When do they usually hold the Muster Drill since we don't sail out of port until late in the evening?

Ships out of San Juan usually start boarding around 11:30am.

They do have dinner in the main dining room that night, not just a buffet.

Muster drill depends on the line. I know on RCCL they held it at 8pm - between first and second seating.

thanks so much for your response! I know this cruise isn't until next year, but I am one of "those people" who just have to have as much details as possible. Which is a good thing, since my DH just thinks we can call our TA, book a cruise, pay the monies, and step onboard. (sigh) Just not that simple for me! :p But oh so much fun to plan out every little detail!!

For many ships, dinner the first night when sailing late is open seating in the traditional dining room(s). It is still served at the normal time, but you might not sit at your assigned table or with your assigned tablemates.

Archived