Ice Bar in Sweden vs. Denmark- which is nicer?

DOes anybody know which is better the Ice Bar in Sweden or in Denmark?

Also did anybody find a way to go and view a few rooms at the Ice Hotel in Sweden?

I actually stayed in the Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi earlier this year. This is where the best Icebar is - mostly because you can stay there for hours instead of getting thrown out after 45 minutes. But it's not reachable by cruise ship, for reasons of both geography and season.

I actually stayed in the Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi earlier this year. This is where the best Icebar is - mostly because you can stay there for hours instead of getting thrown out after 45 minutes. But it's not reachable by cruise ship, for reasons of both geography and season.

I have also stayed at the real Ice Hotel in the north of Sweden. It really is quite impressive. It is a LONG way from Stockholm however and is way melted by the time the cruise ships start appearing.

Some good info and photos of the real Ice Hotel at the link below.

http://www.icehotel.com/Summer/Icehotel/

Al

DOes anybody know which is better the Ice Bar in Sweden or in Denmark?

Also did anybody find a way to go and view a few rooms at the Ice Hotel in Sweden? Thank you:rolleyes:

We visited the Denmark Ice Bar a couple of weeks ago and I grabbed a magazine from the lobby bar. By the photos of the bar in Sweden and Denmark they looked very similar.

If you are deciding on which one to visit, you may want to check into availability of a reservation. They didn't kick us out after 45 minutes probably because we visited at a time when they were not busy. Originally we had the place to oursleves and then about 12 people wandered in at various times. The server at the Copenhagen Bar stated that they had a customer in a couple of weeks ago that had 10 drinks and were there for a few hours. Also, on the evening we went into the Ice Bar they had been closed in the afternoon for cruise ship passengers only.

Also, the Copenhagen Ice Bar website stated that they were closed on Sunday and Monday. But when I contacted them via email I found out that they were actually open on Monday evening.

We went to the Stockholm Ice Bar last August. I had read on these boards to make reservations early, so I did. I read later that many people could not get reservations because they were booked. We couldn't find it (it is just off a main street a bit and we missed it) so we asked at a hotel. They told us that there we would not be able to get reservations and were quite impressed when I said we had them. It's really a fun experience, but if they are similar and Copenhagen is less busy, go there.

Archived