Celebrity Children ?

FiggyWig

Was just wondering if anyone out there has cruise experience onboard Celebrity ships travelling with a 12 year old.

We have booked (well in advance !) for Solstice E. Med Aug 2009. Anybody else planning the same ? New ship, wonder what the kids facilities will be like and whether there are likely to be many families on board ? Or do many leave it until after the summer for booking for the following year.

Any views ?

I definitely recommend going to the roll call section of the boards as well.

We cruised Celebrity to the Med in 2006 (June) and there were plenty of kids on board. I think our sailing had around 150 or so, since some schools were still in session. We were told the next sailing had 300-400 kids on board. If you go when school is out, there are usually a few hundred; when school is in session, that number tends to be 100 or less.

We just cruised Celebrity to Alaska. We were told there were 18 toddlers and 75 children (age 3-18) on board.

We're going to be on the Equinox inaugural in August 2009 with our kids (they'll be 6 and 8 then). The Fun Factory on the new Solstice Class ships is supposed to be bigger, and I have heard good things about the program. I've been through good and bad experiences with Kids' Clubs on different lines, and even on the worst one, the kids still enjoyed the children's activities. I'm sure things will be fine.

If you want to find out the age makeup on the cruise, a couple of months beforehand (say just after the final payment deadline) you can call up Celebrity and they can tell you how many passengers they have booked on that cruise in the 3-17 age group.

Archived