Help with Miami hotel please!!

n2cruisin2

I've been searching Miami hotels on the internet for two days and I need some assistance. We have a small group (7 people)... need three rooms, close to the cruise port--either by close proximity (downtown) or by close driving distance (with 10 miles). We would like a nice hotel, though not so pricey as to break our already bulging budget.

BUT we also need to find a beauty shop on the day of departure (Saturday) who would be willing to open early. Why? Because we have a bride who will need to have her hair done that morning and is getting married onboard the ship. The cruise line wants us to be at the cruise port by 10:30 a.m. and ready to board at that time (even though we count on being onboard closer to noon).

I've looked at hotels downtown, but is there a beauty shop in that vicinity that would be open on a Saturday morning? I've looked at the Coconut Groves area and that looks promising, but again the same question? Same for looking at hotels in and around the airport. Another problem is we are not familiar enough with Miami to know where there are beauty shops near we will be staying.

Plus when I've been reading the traveler's reviews -of hotels- in my search, there will be a comment or two that will make me rethink it. One hotel with a 3 star rating on Miami Beach and had a very decent price showed real promise until someone (in her review) wrote they had a room with bedbugs. Next...

My DH and I have traveled a lot both on land and sea, but 4 of the 5 friends have never seen the ocean, nor been on an airplane and all of them haven't ever been on a cruise unless you count trolling around on a pontoon boat in a small lake. We are set to sail in October on the Liberty of the Seas--HUGE ship. So, it's important (to DH and I) that they have a great experience as much as can be prearranged.

So, now you have it. Is there anyone who knows Miami well enough to help guide us in our search? And as always, I'd like to thank everyone in advance who responds. I really appreciate any help. Thanks.

I also hope this is the right forum. :)

You might want to try the deapartures board. There's lots of advice regarding hotels there. You can also call the hotel itself and inquire about a hair salon in the area. Have a great cruise!

You might want to try the deapartures board. There's lots of advice regarding hotels there. You can also call the hotel itself and inquire about a hair salon in the area. Have a great cruise!

Yes, after I posted this request, I found the departures boards.

Thank you for the great advice from both of you.

Do you really think a beautician will come to the hotel? That would be awesome.

Calling a nearby beauty shop after we booked the hotel was our original idea--we just don't know the Miami area and how far away from the cruise port we can go and still be at the Port of Miami by 10:30. I

hi there you can try the Holiday inn & the Hyatt or the Intercontinental they are very close to the port some people use price line & some use Hotwire i used Hotwire and got the Intercontinental for $96 dollars so i guess i did pretty good and i also need the three rooms too.Congrats on the Wedding have a wonderful time Happy & Safe Cruising.

Archived