Carnival Rep confirms Baltimore

Feistyred

I spoke with a Carnival rep yesterday at cruise show about Carnival returning to Baltimore.

She confirmed that Carnival is indeed returning next year & says it will be announced tomorrow(Thursday, June 5)

She didn't tell me which boat but that it would be there year round.

Anyone know anything about this?

I spoke with a Carnival rep yesterday at cruise show about Carnival returning to Baltimore.

She confirmed that Carnival is indeed returning next year & says it will be announced tomorrow(Thursday, June 5)

Somebody else mentioned this about 2 weeks ago. I hope you're right. It was reported to be the Pride.

I have an Alaskan cruise for 09 I need to cancel because of the HUGE airfare. Since I live in Philly I can drive here.

Somebody at CCL has their thinking cap on!:)

Bill

When we sailed on the Liberty in April the guy that was working the future bookings desk told us that Carnival was in the process of working out the details on bringing cruises back to Baltimore. I can't remember what ship it was though.

As I was reading this thread a Carnival Rep called me to see if I got the brochure I had requested. I asked her about Baltimore and she said yes. She said they were expanding sailings to 4 ports. Baltimore, Norfolk and Charleston. She didn't say the fourth and said she couldn't officially say yet. I then asked her about Boston and she said they were looking into it for the future as well.

I wonder where it will go? We are currently booked on the Glory again next August.....I would love to drive 40 minutes to port vs 14 hours! It seems like most cruises out of baltimore go to Bermuda.....can't wait to hear!!

sandi

I can't say this is set in stone since it hasn't been released as of yet, but it looks like the Pride will be sailing out of Baltimore starting 09/07/09.

burst my bubble already.:( I was hoping it would be for the summer. If not looks like no cruise for us next summer.

Bill

As I was reading this thread a Carnival Rep called me to see if I got the brochure I had requested. I asked her about Baltimore and she said yes. She said they were expanding sailings to 4 ports. Baltimore, Norfolk and Charleston. She didn't say the fourth and said she couldn't officially say yet. I then asked her about Boston and she said they were looking into it for the future as well.

Wow, I'd be so thrilled if they sailed out of Boston!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I then asked her about Boston and she said they were looking into it for the future as well.

That would be AWESOME! (as long as it's not yet another New England cruise visiting places I can drive to within a day)

That would be AWESOME! (as long as it's not yet another New England cruise visiting places I can drive to within a day)

At this point, I'd be happy just to be on a Carnival ship. It's been over a year and I need a cruise!

Boston is any easy drive even from here. I can't see them going south though unless it is a minimum 8 day cruise.

It's quite obvious that Carnival is being pro-active in addressing the dire travel forecasts for the next few years. Less than a tank of gas and no hotel should keep them coming back to Carnival. I'll be interested in pricing.

That would be a cold place to sail from if it cruises in the winter months.

Maybe we could get Carnival to put a ship at Port Huron then we could sail Lake Erie and out the St. Lawrence. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Dianne

Hi FeistyRed,

Someone else posted a thread about Baltimore having a Carnival Ship. I cannot remember who or where.

I wanted to say nice things to you, but then I saw that emblem for your football team!:eek: I too, live in VA but I am a Cowboys fan! I guess you and I will never be able to cruise together in peace during football season!;)

Anyway, with airfare being outrageous, a ship out of Baltimore is good news for us in this region!

Peace????

Lee:D

I can't say this is set in stone since it hasn't been released as of yet, but it looks like the Pride will be sailing out of Baltimore starting 09/07/09.

That's awesome!!! Any news on anything new from Norfolk? :D

Archived