Carnival Rep confirms Baltimore

Feistyred

The airfare IS a lot cheaper to Baltimore than Florida but I sure wouldn't cruise from there in the winter. Who wants to take a coat along?

After the first night you'de probably be able to put that coat away.

Awesome! Now we have a choice between sailing out of NYC and Baltimore. Screw you airlines!

Yeah...what you said!

Awesome. Just talked to my sister and told her the news. She is so stoked. She is going to talk to her husband and I believe we may be getting ready to plan our third cruise out of Baltimore. I am excited. Now if only the cost of travel will subside we are set. Well, at least we have over a year to plan for it. We will just drive the distance from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Baltimore. I know, I know.... it's only 19.5 hours drive and 1260 miles each way. Oh, man. Maybe the train is a better option. I don't know. Now I'm bummed. It would take us two days just to drive it and 7 day cruise with 2 days return... we are talking about a two week vacation for a seven day cruise..... OKAY... where do I sign up!!!! :D :D :D

After the first night you'de probably be able to put that coat away.

Yeah...what you said!

I know but I'd be leaving Cleveland to get AWAY from the cold weather. In the winter it could easily be snowing when the ship is docked before embarkation.

I'll get in line for this one, too. Any cruise that stops and Half Moon Caye will be a number one choice for my family - just didn't want to drive to Miami to go. Baltimore is a much better option. We could even catch the train a couple of hours from here to make it an easier trip. As long as the price is not too outrageous (like the 2-3xs a year out of Charleston).

I know but I'd be leaving Cleveland to get AWAY from the cold weather. In the winter it could easily be snowing when the ship is docked before embarkation.

I'm sure you'll get over it really quickly. But hey, I'm not forcing you to go on a cruise!!!:D

Itinerary is great 1 week, sucks the next.

The ship is gonna be full/empty/full/empty. Or put another way expensive/reasonable/expensive/reasonable. :cool:

I rather doubt they'll have a problem filling the ship to any itinerary.

Depends on the price.

Lots of people don't seem to care much where they sail. They prefer the sea days, anyway.

But I'm underwhelmed, which I was afraid I might be. As I already stated, "just" going to the Bahamas isn't a big deal.

I can drive 7 hrs to Jacksonville, as I'm doing in December, and go to HMC and Nassau for $299 each for 5-nights.

Or I could drive 5+ hours to Baltimore for the honor or adding 2 days and Freeport (which I happen to like) at what will probably cost more than double!

That's not nearly as attractive an option as I was hoping they'd provide.

They need to start offering sailings to Bermuda! We need more variety!

Itinerary is great 1 week, sucks the next.

The ship is gonna be full/empty/full/empty. Or put another way expensive/reasonable/expensive/reasonable. :cool:

I forgot to mention, the Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay/Freeport itinerary is only available late May-end of August, starting in 2010.

Totally. Looking at it now, there is actually only a total of 8 departures doing that itinerary in 2010. Of course that may change, but that is the way it is right now.

Shoot, I'm not really interested in the other iten:confused:

I forgot to mention, the Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay/Freeport itinerary is only available late May-end of August, starting in 2010.

OK that sucks. It's funny the Bahamas itinerary is almost exactly the same as the new one for the Conquest that seems to be universally hated by the Texans.

I guess it is a difference between having a ship close by and not having a ship close by.

I agree with you. Not to mention weather related delays in flights etc.

No thanks! Not in the winter for me.....

Archived