Azamara Journey cabin 8039

eden

Just booked Sky suite 8039 for an Eastern Mediterranean cruise in 2009. Have read previous posts and am hoping that this not a noisy cabin - it isn't below the Windows cafe. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? 8043,8045 and 8047 are also available. Any comments very much appreciated.

I haven't sailed Azamara yet but my wife and I stayed in the same cabin (8029) on Oceania Regatta. I'm very sensitive to noise. While there was some minor noise from above occasionally, it didn't bother me. Other than the occasional noise from above, the cabin was very quiet. We're taking another Oceania cruise in October 2009 and booked 8029 again.

One nice feature of 8039 on Azamara ships is that it is on the boundary of a watertight compartment. Because of this, there will be a thicker, solid wall between 8039 and 8037. In addition to providing greater sound proofing, the solid wall extends out through the balcony which gives you greater privacy on that side of 8039's balcony.

Hope this helps.

Dave

eden, We stayed in 8039 on the Quest on the April 26 Rome to Rome cruise. I was also concerned about the noise from above. It is under the pool area not Windows and I can tell you noise was not a problem at all. I can remember only one morning where I heard what sounded like very faint thunder which I guess was loungers being moved by the pool.

We would stay there again,so don't worry,there is no problem.

Cheers

Archived