Oosterdam vs. Noordam which is better?

1cruiselvr

We are currently booked on the Oosterdam in October but are considering switching to a cruise on the Noordam instead for a better itinerary. We have only sailed on S-class ships. Can someone that has sailed on both the Oosterdam and Noordam tell me which is their favorite ship and why. I know they are both Vista class ships so I assume they are basically the same. But does one ship offer something that the other does not? Anything negatives to consider? I prefer the itinerary of the Noordam cruise but if one ship is better than the other, it might sway the decision. Happy Sailing!

I have sailed Noordam twice and Oosterdam just this past spring. Although the Oosterdam is older, the overall appearance was excellent. If you are considering an aft cabin, the Oosterdam would be the choice if you enjoy more sun. (I did have an aft suite on the Oosterdam and it really added to the overall enjoyment of the cruise for me.) There are plans in process to add additional cabins to the Oosterdam next year similar to what has recently taken place on the Zuiderdam. I would be happy to sail on either again, choice of ports would probably be the deciding factor for me. Happy Cruising

I been lucky enought to sail on both ships. My only 2 cruises as a matter of fact. There are some minor differences between to the two. For instance the lay out of the ocean bar and where the coffee cafe' is. But if you didn't know, you'ld never know.

The Oosterdam is in very good shape as was the Noordam. The Noordam is our favorite ship. That's only because it was our first:D . We had a throughly good time on each.

The service was excellant on both. Each are beautiful and always kept clean. The food was also good.

I think you would be happy on either.

My husband and I have a Aft cabin on the Noordam in February '09. It's not a suite cabin...Do u have any information on the aft cabins on the Noordam? Are the Verandahs covered? Do they have privacy?

It's a Carribean Cruise...I'm wondering if it will be too hot on the aft? We've cruised the Oosterdam and Zuiderdam and loved it but we've never had a Aft cabin before. Any information u can give me will be greatly appreciated!! :)

My husband and I have a Aft cabin on the Noordam in February '09. It's not a suite cabin...Do u have any information on the aft cabins on the Noordam? Are the Verandahs covered? Do they have privacy?

It's a Carribean Cruise...I'm wondering if it will be too hot on the aft? We've cruised the Oosterdam and Zuiderdam and loved it but we've never had a Aft cabin before. Any information u can give me will be greatly appreciated!! :)

We were on the 5th deck aft last February on the Noordam...not a suite. A VA cabin. We loved it. There was partial shade and partial sun and it wasn't too hot. It is not private. If you stand at the rail, those in the decks above you can look down. It never bothered us.

It was wonderful to look out at the wake...very relaxing.

I am with Hammy on this one. I have always proclaimed the Oosterdam to be our favorite ship and that is mostly because she sails so close to home making it easy to get to her and we have sailed her so many times. But we have sailed the Noordam twice and she really ties for our favorite ship. :) Both ships have a very special feel that we do not always feel on all ships. If the itinerary is more to your liking for the Noordam then most definitely that would be the one I would choose.

I too have sailed bth the Oosterdam (once) and the Noordam (twice).

If I were absolutely forced into choosing between the two, I would choose . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Someone got a coin?

Archived