Inagural Voyages

I'm sailing on the Inaugral Voyage of the Oasis of the Seas on the Fall of 09. :D I've never been on an Inaugral before so I was just wondering from anyone who has been on one, what's it like? Do they have special activities, events, parties, etc? Do we get a glass of champagne at embarkation? Will we get some sort of freebie? Will I be able to buy something in the onboard shops that says "Oasis of the Seas - Inagural Voyage"? Will they have something special for us Crown and Anchor Society members? I'm sure I'll have many more questions but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Thanks!! :D

OK I need to know, how were you able to book a cruise so early on the Oasis? I went to the RCL Website and that ship isn't even listed in the calendar yet.

I haven't booked yet and no, the Oasis isn't on RCCL's website or calendar yet. :( They are opening booking for Crown and Anchor Members only for 2 weeks in August or early September. :D A friend told me and I confirmed it with Royal Caribbean yesterday.

I have not sailed on an inaugural sailing but I did sail on the Mariner's 2nd voyage. They had items that read inaugural season. Since this ship is going to be such a huge news item I am guessing they will have some special features for our sailing.:)

We have been talking about this since Feb. and now we are finally getting closer to bocking. Just cannot wait until I have a cabin with my name on it.:)

I'm sailing on the Inaugral Voyage of the Oasis of the Seas on the Fall of 09. :D I've never been on an Inaugral before so I was just wondering from anyone who has been on one, what's it like? Do they have special activities, events, parties, etc? Do we get a glass of champagne at embarkation? Will we get some sort of freebie? Will I be able to buy something in the onboard shops that says "Oasis of the Seas - Inagural Voyage"? Will they have something special for us Crown and Anchor Society members? I'm sure I'll have many more questions but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Thanks!! :D

We were on the Inaugral Voyage for Freedom of the Seas. We were expecting a few more bells and whistles too, but it really seemed like any other cruise. Overall, everything ran more smoothly than I would have expected, but I think they start new ships with the best of the best. We were greeted at embarkation by the staff in formalwear (they said it was their way of making it a little more special). I do believe there was champagne at embarkation as well. No big names onboard or any speacial entertainment. We did run into Adam Goldstein and had a nice chat with him :p . We received our normal Crown and Anchor Gift and our bonus gift was a "Certificate of Commemoration" ( it came in a frame, similiar to the one you see in the photo gallery). That was basically it.

They had apparently had a special invite/ celeberty cruise the week before, so we got to hear from a few staff about the big names that had already been through (can't remember any of them now - though I believe Oprah was one). Another big difference was the age group onboard. A lot less kids that first week (I believe they were expecting 2-3 X more the following week). There were some first time cruisers, but as you would expect most were veteran cruisers.

It was definitely a great cruise, but nothing really stood out as above and beyond. The biggest perk was knowing you were one of the firsts to try it all out :D .

Biggest perk on being on an inaugural sailing was 'bragging rights":D

I agree with previous poster... wonderful cruise, enjoyed it immensely and made some great friends but no bells and whistles. We did get a glass of champagne on embarkation or two or three if you wanted :)

Everything ran smoothly.. Jamaica was the only port that did anything special when Freedom docked there for the first time. They had a concert pierside by Shaggy and that was a highlight especially getting to watch it from your balcony.

They did not sail at capacity that first sailing so there were no crowd issues. It was nice to be one of the first to sleep in those awesome beds..the ship smelled so new:D oh yes the price is much higher.

I sailed 4 months later as well on the Crown and Anchor sailing and paid half the price and actually received more gifts.

Sailing on an inaugural was something I always wanted to do so that is why I chose to go and thinking at that time Freedom would be the biggest and greatest until RCI decided on Oasis.

I'm sailing on the Inaugral Voyage of the Oasis of the Seas on the Fall of 09. :D I've never been on an Inaugral before so I was just wondering from anyone who has been on one, what's it like? Do they have special activities, events, parties, etc? Do we get a glass of champagne at embarkation? Will we get some sort of freebie? Will I be able to buy something in the onboard shops that says "Oasis of the Seas - Inagural Voyage"? Will they have something special for us Crown and Anchor Society members? I'm sure I'll have many more questions but that's all I can think of at the moment

Been on some, nothing specials except some T-shirst and stuff saying inugural. Of course there is also a potential negative when some of the crew is still learning and on at least one I was on they were still laying the carpet around the pool deck with some other things not working 100%

Thanks everyone!! It's a bit disappointing that they don't have anything really special or unique but I'm still going to have a blast and I'm looking forward to the champagne!! The cruise will be special to me even if it's not to them!! :D

Thank you for the heads up. Who knows - my sister and I might be on the sailing with you and yours.

We'd love to have you join us!! :D It's not my sister I'm sailing with, it's my Mom!! :D

I have not sailed on an inaugural sailing but I did sail on the Mariner's 2nd voyage. They had items that read inaugural season.

Just cannot wait until I have a cabin with my name on it.

Thay did? :D WOO HOO, that's what I wanted to hear!! :D :D Although I do have a couple things from other cruises that say Inaugural Season, I want something that says Inagural Voyage!!

I can't wait for a cabin with my name on it either!!

Thay did? :D WOO HOO, that's what I wanted to hear!! :D :D Although I do have a couple things from other cruises that say Inaugural Season, I want something that says Inagural Voyage!!

I can't wait for a cabin with my name on it either!!

I did not see any tshirts on the first revenue sailing of Freedom that said "Inaugural Voyage' Believe me we looked for them. I am not even sure they had tshirts that said 'inaugural season'. Much of the good tshirts were bought out by the pre inaugural cruisers.They did not have a chance to restock before we got on the ship as the first paying customers:)

We did however manage to get a tshirt that said 'Freedom of the Seas World's largest cruise ship' on the C &A sailing when Jan sailed. Now that is a nice looking tshirt.

In fact our group had tshirts made that said 'Maiden Voyage' with the date and I know my husband and others from our CC group were asked numerouse times where he bought the tshirt cause they could not find anything like that on the ship. We could have made lots of money selling it:D:D

Hi Avril :D

No matter what RCCL does or doesnt do/have for the Inaugural sailing..this cruise will be very special :D

Jan,LauraS and I have a few things up our sleeves for the group which will make this special cruise even more special :D

I am sure RCCL wont let us down and there will be things with Inaugural sailing/year/season whatever on them and of course our Critter T-shirts and various other Critter things will be something really unique to have to look at in the future and remind you of a wonderful cruise :D

No matter what RCCL does or doesnt do/have for the Inaugural sailing..this cruise will be very special :D

I agree Liz... especially the people you will meet and bond with on the roll call will make the sailing special.

I am sure that RCI has learned from the Freedom inaugural & Hoping all of you on the inaugural of Oasis are treated 'royally' :)

I agree Liz... especially the people you will meet and bond with on the roll call will make the sailing special.

I am sure that RCI has learned from the Freedom inaugural & Hoping all of you on the inaugural of Oasis are treated 'royally' :)

Emmy :D

I am hoping you will be coming along on the Inaugural :D it would be really nice to meet you and other members of the PBS :D

Can you imagine the size of the Meet & Mingle with the PBS, the Critters and all the other CC members going on this sailing :D

I just sailed on one Maiden Voyage- Enchantment- back in 1997! It was a great cruise- on a great ship- some minor problem with the air conditioning in the Main Dinning Room- we constantly had some kind of " storm " from above. The waiters got that fixed very soon- they just put napkins there.

It was all very exciting. Everything smelled new- looked new. They had a special quest for one or two shows- Petula Clark- which itself was a special threat! Unforgetable cruise! Maybe I am in for the Oasis!

Greetings

Michael

Whoa, Em! Does that mean you won't be there??!!!

Long time, no see. I've been awol, but Ernie just convinced Molly and I do book Solstice for December, so I popped in to join the roll call. Naturally, I got sucked in, and here I am on the more familiar RCI board. LOL

And yes....I could have paid for my darned cruise if I'd thought ahead on the t-shirts. But, I kind of like that our special group has "limited editions"! :)

Hugs,

Tracy

We were on the Inaugral Voyage for Freedom of the Seas. We were expecting a few more bells and whistles too, but it really seemed like any other cruise. Overall, everything ran more smoothly than I would have expected, but I think they start new ships with the best of the best.

It was definitely a great cruise, but nothing really stood out as above and beyond.

I was on the same cruise and totally agree.

IMO, inaugural cruises are over-hyped, anti-climatic and basically meaningless with all of the pre-inaugurals they do.

Long time, no see. I've been awol, but Ernie just convinced Molly and I do book Solstice for December, so I popped in to join the roll call. Naturally, I got sucked in, and here I am on the more familiar RCI board. LOL

And yes....I could have paid for my darned cruise if I'd thought ahead on the t-shirts. But, I kind of like that our special group has "limited editions"! :)

Hugs,

Tracy

Hey Tracy! I think we all just need to work on Emmy a little harder!;)

Hugs,

Tracy

Great to see your post Tracy:D Really waiting to see the big announcement on June 18 and like so many more waiting for date of inaugural,pricing and some deck plans.

I have kept fall 2009 open. Now I see that you are sailing on Solstice. Did I not read that it will be completed early and they moved up the inaugural sailing by two - 3 weeks. Are you on one of the extra sailings or the inaugural one.

Hmm there is always a possibility that Oasis could be early as well. I recall perhaps the Mariner was also early.

Barbara and Liz ~ thanks for the encouragement to book inaugural :) still in the thinking about it stage.;)

we are going to book whatever cruise the inagural is announced as being...hopefully they dont change it b/c we would likely just keep our booking the same. Hopefully since they are waiting until late to announce the date details they will be able to set an accurate target for the first cruise

Now I see that you are sailing on Solstice. Did I not read that it will be completed early and they moved up the inaugural sailing by two - 3 weeks. Are you on one of the extra sailings or the inaugural one.

Ernie had been scheduled on the inaugural forever and wanted Molly and I to come...just seemed too close to Christmas, as much as I love December cruises. Ernie sent an e-mail on Wed that the ship was launching early, they added dates (he had switched his reservation to 12/7), and the rates were INSANE! Within a few hours, Molly and I were booked.

We certainly hope to see you in fall of 2009! A reunion wouldn't be the same without you guys.

T

Patrick and Barbara....

Great to see you guys too!

Having been on the inaugural with you all, I'd have to agree. No Big Deal. The only reason to book one would be for the fellow cruisemates and the enthusiasm they bring to the occassion.

T

Archived