Beaches On Mexican Cruise for Kids

First time posting. I am going on a cruise with my wife, 4 and 2 yr old daughter, and 1 yr old son. There are stops in Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. I am looking for hotels with beaches that would allow us to pay a fee to come to their beach when we are in town. The cruise ship has an excursion in each port, but $75 per adult is a little steep. If you could keep it to your experiences with hotel beaches with services I want to have somewhere to take my kids to the toilet etc.

The Krystal Vallarta resort in PV is a great place for families with a nice beach and beautiful pool and it's just a short walk from the port. They have not been charging a fee as long as you show your cruise cards when you enter. The following thread has lots of info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=775821

In Cabo, we took a water taxi to Medano Beach which is lined with restaurants that will let you use their beach chairs and umbrellas if you are ordering food and drinks. We used the beach at Mango Deck.

In Mazatlan you can take a taxi to El Cid Resort and use the beach and pool there for a small fee, but if you are willing to go to a one hour timeshare presentation, they will pay your taxi fare, give you free use of the facilities and provide you with vouchers for free food and drinks.

Thanks for all of the info on the Krystal Vallarta I think that sounds great. We go to PV on our last port day, so I would like to go to a beach in Cabo on the first day and then stay on the boat in Mazatlan. Are there any other suggestions then the ones offered for Cabo. I think I remember my wife and I going to a beach in Cabo on our last trip there. Thanks again for the previous replies.:)

Archived