Finding Out About Flash Sales

grandmaa

How does one find out about "flash sales"..are they listed on the Princess web site or does it go to internet cruise companies or to your local travel agent?

I would love to know how the process works...

Thanks in advance for any info that you may have.

AG

How does one find out about "flash sales"..are they listed on the Princess web site or does it go to internet cruise companies or to your local travel agent?

I would love to know how the process works...

Thanks in advance for any info that you may have.

AG

As a Captain's Circle member you can sign up for email promotions. Those are the best we have seen.... and jumped on.

Flash promotions occur close to sail date and can be for a day or a few hours , no way to tell when they will be discontinued. Also They apply for new bookings only and the payment must be received that day (in some cases within 24 hours) or the booking will cancel as they are usually within final payment period.

Thank you for your responses..but, where do you find out about them?? Still have no clue as to that. I am signed up on Captain's Circle, and have been for a long time..but have never received a "Flash Sale" notice. Does it make a difference where you live..we are here in California...not as many cruises from the left coast.

Thank you for your responses..but, where do you find out about them?? Still have no clue as to that. I am signed up on Captain's Circle, and have been for a long time..but have never received a "Flash Sale" notice. Does it make a difference where you live..we are here in California...not as many cruises from the left coast.

Same here. For some reason I never get any emails from Princess.

I learned about a huge drop on a cruise I was booked on right here on these boards and saved a bundle of money by rebooking. The prices went back up after about three days. If I didn't check these boards every day I never would have known. My TA is great, but it's impossible for her to keep up with each and every sailing of all her clients.

You select preferences in CC such as what ports you are willing to sail from. We have not received any real deals recently (this year) but have gotten gobbs in the past years.

They do target specific cruises and areas. I am in Northern Calif and my brother is in Southern Calif. We do not always get the same offers. So it is hard to tell..... what is the criteria... profile / age / area / past cruise history / ?????????????

Same here. For some reason I never get any emails from Princess.

It seems if you have an existing booking with Princess, it stops sending you email.

Between 2005 and 2007, we did not have standing bookings with Princess, we received those flash sale emails almost weekly. In 2007 we made a mistake in July to book a 7 day East Carribean sailed in Dec, followed by another booking to South America Feb 2008. Those flash sale emails immediately stopped.

We do not have any booking now, and are determined to wait till after final payment to book Emerald Westbound Transatlantic (if we dont get it, so be it - there are others sailing in Nov). It would be interesting to see WHEN the emails would resume.

We used to get e mails all the time. Now, we have not gotten anything for about two years. I've gone on the web site and refreshed all my settings for Captains Circle, and still nothing. I'd like to start getting flash sails again but I have no idea what to do to start them up again.

It seems if you have an existing booking with Princess, it stops sending you email.

Between 2005 and 2007, we did not have standing bookings with Princess, we received those flash sale emails almost weekly. In 2007 we made a mistake in July to book a 7 day East Carribean sailed in Dec, followed by another booking to South America Feb 2008. Those flash sale emails immediately stopped.

We do not have any booking now, and are determined to wait till after final payment to book Emerald Westbound Transatlantic (if we dont get it, so be it - there are others sailing in Nov). It would be interesting to see WHEN the emails would resume.

Wonder if this also applies to FCC's?

Glad I'm not the only one, no emails from Princess and have "updated" my info a couple of times in the hopes that they would come - still nothing. I wonder how we get back on their mailing list?

All travel agents have access to the flash booking options...usually for Princess they're sent out weekly. One thing though, they often occur after the final payment date has been reached in an effort to fill the sailing, and if you already have a booking, you're not eligible for the new rate. Prior to final payment, be sure your travel agent is monitoring the rates and rebooks you at the lower rate if possible.

Gramma:

I advise pax to go to all your local Travel Agencies (AAA, American Express, Independents). No, you do not have to be a member to use their travel services. Sit down and make friends with the Agent and tell them, "I am Only interested in any Flash sales you have. Please phone me or e-mail me every time you see a Flash Promotion and I will get back to you right away."

Likewise, do the same with T.A.s on websites. Call and e-mail them with the same verbiage.

Gramma:

I advise pax to go to all your local Travel Agencies (AAA, American Express, Independents). No, you do not have to be a member to use their travel services. Sit down and make friends with the Agent and tell them, "I am Only interested in any Flash sales you have. Please phone me or e-mail me every time you see a Flash Promotion and I will get back to you right away."

Likewise, do the same with T.A.s on websites. Call and e-mail them with the same verbiage.

Thank you Crown Princess for the great idea. I will do that. We have never ever received a "flash sale" call or e-mails for these cruises. I imagine they are not as available on the West coast but it sure would be nice to have the option once in awhile to say "Yes, Thank You" or "No..No Thank You". Again, thanks for the idea.

Thank you Crown Princess for the great idea. I will do that. We have never ever received a "flash sale" call or e-mails for these cruises. I imagine they are not as available on the West coast but it sure would be nice to have the option once in awhile to say "Yes, Thank You" or "No..No Thank You". Again, thanks for the idea.
Actually, there are quite a number available for the west coast on a regular basis. Agents get dozens of flash sales each week - but Princess doesn't send them out to consumers. They do sometimes send out "Last minute specials," but they depend primarily on agents to fill their flash inventory.

Crown Princess is on the right track - sit down with your agent and let them know to keep you in mind - but I recommend targetting on the types of journeys (length, destination, cabin type and price per day) because your agent will typically get so many flash sales each week, it isn't practical to call you up on each one. What sounds nice in theory, quickly can turn into spam! :D

Happy sailing!

Archived