Azamara Cruises

brightonguys

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yes, there were several FOD meetings the first week. There were probably about 15 gay guys on board (not counting the crew), and I heard about a lesbian couple, but I did not meet them. We ended up spending a lot of time with some guys from London and a couple from Dusseldorf, who were all a lot of fun.

Thanks Brightonboys for your comments. My partner and I are going on the Quest in May for our honeymoon. We usually do Olivia cruises but they canceled their May cruise on the Journey that we had booked. I am glad to see that you were able to meet some family on board--we were a bit concerned that with a small ship we might not meet anyone--and that you had a good cruise. I look forward to your extensive review.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise on the Quest.

Interesting to hear your comments on the specialty restaurants. As I said in a previous post we really enjoyed the food in Discoveries and the nightly menu change there. We thought we were the only ones as it seemed that all the other family we met on the cruise were in a hurry to keep going back to the specialty restaurants.

We are now in the opposite quandary to your original post. We have booked a cruise with my parents on the Volendam over the holidays and are not sure how we'll like a 'bigger' ship :).

Looking forward to hearing your more detailed impressions in your review

Cheers

obira

The experience in the specialty restaurants, especially in Prime C, was just not that special. In Aqualina, we had a lovely server, but there were really long delays at different times during the meal. I will say that Aqualina is a beautiful restaurant, and the tea there in the afternoons on sea days was really enjoyable.

I think you'll enjoy the Volendam. We were on the Maasdam last summer, and its about the same size, I think. We really enjoyed the ship, and it felt uncrowded and nicely upscale. Have fun!

Archived